PETG beginner.

Watashi

I have yet to do any hardline tubing. I have experience doing 2 different custom loops with soft tubing, and I really want to step my game up to hardline. In accordance with my YouTube research, I'm going to go with PETG tubing. I know of a few of the tools that I will be needing for this job. I was curious what kind of toolkit that you guys use for your hardline tubing, and if there are any kits you would suggest.

I think EK sells a hardline tools kit

CPU: I5 4590 Motherboard: ASROCK H97 Pro4 Ram: XPG 16gb v2.0 4x4 kit  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 PSU: EVGA 550w Supernova G2 Storage: 128 gb Sandisk SSD + 525gb Mx300 SSD Cooling: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock LP Case: Zalman T2 Sound: Logitech Z506 5.1 Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma Keyboard: DBPower LED

4 hours ago, Moress said:

I think EK sells a hardline tools kit

They're for acrylic 

We sell a multitude of tools for rigid tubing if you want to check them out. However, I'd decide on tubing size first, as many tools are specific for the size of tubing that you use. 

For instance, I highly recommend the Primochill RFB for chamfering your tubes if you happen to use either 3/8" x 1/2" (also works with 10/12mm) or 1/2" x 5/8" (also works with 12/16mm) tubing. Or else you can get the traditional tube reamer like this one

You'll want a silicon bending insert and heat gun, of course. 

And you can check out these mandrel kits if you were interested in anything like that. 

Let me know if you need any other recommendations for tools, I'm happy to help! 

My only advice is to make sure your silicon insert is the right size. The ek 12mm one is 11.7mm I believe and worked best with the tubes that I had. 

Other er ones I came across were 11.4mm ish and whilst that sounds like no difference, I was getting bends that weren't as good. 

Build Log : Red N White Army

System Specs

NZXT S340

i7 4790k

Z97 MSI Gaming 5

Palit 980 Ti Super Jetstream

16GB HyperX Savage 1866 RAM

Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD

EVGA 750W G2 PSU

Custom Cooling Loop