Help choosing a mice

AimlessFlame

I am looking for a simple good quality basic mouse.What I mean is that I only need left and right click+ scroll wheel,1-3 side buttons is ok but not more than that. I have not so big hands and use a hybrid claw/fingertip grip. Please don't recommend mouse that look like an rgb christmas treexD A few accents here and there is ok but nothing that calls attention too much. I was looking at the g402 but it's a bit expensive ($45), but I can handle it. What other mouse would you recommend? Max budget is $45 and amazon pricing only, thanks!  :D

1 hour ago, AimlessFlame said:

-

Personally, I would recommend going for the g502. I love it. I have the blue only version but they released an RGB one, you still can turn off the leds if you want to. I think you could find it around 50$ or lower on sale.

Just now, raphidy said:

Personally, I would recommend going for the g502. I love it. I have the blue only version but they released an RGB one, you still can turn off the leds if you want to. I think you could find it around 50$ or lower on sale.

Any other options you would recommend aside from the g500s and g400s?

46 minutes ago, AimlessFlame said:

Any other options you would recommend aside from the g500s and g400s?

Corsair Harpoon. Great budget mouse!

Best of luck in your PC gaming mouse finding adventure!

I would vote against a corsair hypoon.

I have been using one for about a year.

The shape is short and high, and while i was ok with it, my new mouse (zowie ec-2a) is mile more comfortable

The corsair hypoon has a low maximum tracking speed that results in i being necessary to use in a 500dpi only.

The hypoon also has consistent spin-out, very frustrating in critical moments in fps' to find yourself looking at your feet. 

The corsair software is pretty poor for such a big company

I was very disappointed with the mouse-its cheap, but you will find yourself buying a new mouse by the end of they year anyway

These are personal opinions, and if you don't play fps' and spin-out won't bother you then its OK disregarding the weird shape and and un-satisfying scroll (very subjective) 

If you don't know what spin-out is it is when you bring a mouse down onto the pad already moving fast (like if you where going to try and turn around fast) and the sensor starts detecting interference before it hits the pad. this causes incorrect signals and normally results in looking at the sky or your feet in game

If you are looking for a budget option i would recommend the Logitech g100s

https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-G100s-Optical-Gaming-Mouse/dp/B00BCEK2LK

Just now, Wobblyyyy said:

Corsair Harpoon. Great budget mouse!

Best of luck in your PC gaming mouse finding adventure!

Just now, zoom-ZOOM said:

I would vote against a corsair hypoon.

You mean harpoon?

Just now, zoom-ZOOM said:

I have been using one for about a year.

The shape is short and high, and while i was ok with it, my new mouse (zowie ec-2a) is mile more comfortable

The corsair hypoon has a low maximum tracking speed that results in i being necessary to use in a 500dpi only.

The hypoon also has consistent spin-out, very frustrating in critical moments in fps' to find yourself looking at your feet. 

The corsair software is pretty poor for such a big company

I was very disappointed with the mouse-its cheap, but you will find yourself buying a new mouse by the end of they year anyway

These are personal opinions, and if you don't play fps' and spin-out won't bother you then its OK disregarding the weird shape and and un-satisfying scroll (very subjective) 

If you don't know what spin-out is it is when you bring a mouse down onto the pad already moving fast (like if you where going to try and turn around fast) and the sensor starts detecting interference before it hits the pad. this causes incorrect signals and normally results in looking at the sky or your feet in game

If you are looking for a budget option i would recommend the Logitech g100s

https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-G100s-Optical-Gaming-Mouse/dp/B00BCEK2LK

The g100s looks a lot like what I'm looking for but many revies say it doesn't last long? I guess they might torture it too much since durability can be a subjective issue?

15 hours ago, AimlessFlame said:

You mean harpoon?

The g100s looks a lot like what I'm looking for but many revies say it doesn't last long? I guess they might torture it too much since durability can be a subjective issue?

Maybe the G602 then? The G100S doesn't last very long.

Although the G602 is wireless, it still packs a ton of performance in to a pretty nice price.

I really couldn't suggest NOT saving up and instead buying a G502. It's the best mouse I've ever used.

6 hours ago, Wobblyyyy said:

Maybe the G602 then? The G100S doesn't last very long.

Although the G602 is wireless, it still packs a ton of performance in to a pretty nice price.

I really couldn't suggest NOT saving up and instead buying a G502. It's the best mouse I've ever used.

6 hours ago, NinJake said:

G502 all day

g502 would be ideal. I'll try to save a bit more and perhaps buy it, thanks!

Guys, I can whole heartedy recommend the Zowie EC2-A special edition (white glossy coating). I got it recently and absolutely love everything about it, especially for FPS games (i.e. CSGO, Overwatch, BF1...etc). Only problem is, the special edition is not sold in Canada.....luckily i found an ebay ad: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/BNIB-Zowie-EC2-A-special-edition-White-Glossy-coating-2017-/322716800932?hash=item4b236b97a4:g:tiAAAOSwTqdZrvvS

G203

https://www.amazon.com/G203-Prodigy-RGB-Wired-Gaming/dp/B01M26YUKO

It's a great ambi mouse for fingertip/claw and considerably lighter than the G502. Mercury sensor is almost on par with PMW3366. If it bothers you, get a Logitech G Pro over it for $10 more. Zowie FK/ZA series are also worth looking into but they're out of your budget at the moment. Other mice that might work with your grip are (not taking price into account):

- Roccat Kone Pure Owl-Eye

-G403

-Dream Machines DM 1 Pro S
-Nixeus Revel

-Razer Abyssus V2

Avoid the G502 if you're playing FPS. It's just an overhyped mediocre mouse that was popularized when there was very little competition. Now that there are many mice out there that outdo the G502 in certain aspects such as weight/ergonomics/switches/cable, it doesn't make sense to buy one. Razer's mice are plagued with their own set of QC issues for the DeathAdder and many other offerings from Steelseries/Corsair/HyperX are not particularly impressive so they don't get recommended often.

On 9/14/2017 at 10:32 PM, AimlessFlame said:

g502 would be ideal. I'll try to save a bit more and perhaps buy it, thanks!

G502!!!! ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL

On 16/9/2017 at 9:00 AM, seduce_me said:

G203

It's a great ambi mouse for fingertip/claw and considerably lighter than the G502. Mercury sensor is almost on par with PMW3366. If it bothers you, get a Logitech G Pro over it for $10 more. Zowie FK/ZA series are also worth looking into but they're out of your budget at the moment. Other mice that might work with your grip are (not taking price into account):

-G403

-Nixeus Revel

-Razer Abyssus V2

Avoid the G502 if you're playing FPS. It's just an overhyped mediocre mouse that was popularized when there was very little competition. Now that there are many mice out there that outdo the G502 in certain aspects such as weight/ergonomics/switches/cable, it doesn't make sense to buy one. Razer's mice are plagued with their own set of QC issues for the DeathAdder and many other offerings from Steelseries/Corsair/HyperX are not particularly impressive so they don't get recommended often.

The g203 was in my sight but at the moment it was available only in refurbished models... and it's cheaper than the g502, maybe I take the g203

23 hours ago, Fabian Lioner said:

G502!!!! ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL

On 16/9/2017 at 9:00 AM, seduce_me said:

G203

-G403

-Nixeus Revel

-Razer Abyssus V2

On 15/9/2017 at 10:46 PM, HMA said:

Guys, I can whole heartedy recommend the Zowie EC2-A special edition (white glossy coating). I got it recently and absolutely love everything about it, especially for FPS games (i.e. CSGO, Overwatch, BF1...etc). Only problem is, the special edition is not sold in Canada.....luckily i found an ebay ad: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/BNIB-Zowie-EC2-A-special-edition-White-Glossy-coating-2017-/322716800932?hash=item4b236b97a4:g:tiAAAOSwTqdZrvvS

Thank you all for your suggestions! :D

On 15/9/2017 at 10:46 PM, HMA said:

Seems like a good mouse, out of the budget tho,