Can i play with my bro on same wifi?

Guccimar

So i am getting another gaming PC so me and my brother can play pubg and we live in the same house and i was wondering if my wifi will not mess up and stutter cause i dont want to get my pc figuring out it lags every game. My pc will be on Ethernet and my bros will be wireless. I tested my internet speed and i have twc spectrum and my download speed is 11.90 Mbps and upload is .34 Mbps. I have a NETGEAR - Nighthawk AC1900 Dual-Band Wi-Fi Router. So can i do it and i think my speeds will be faster cause my brother is playing xbox rn so maybe when he is done my speeds will be faster. WILL THERE BE NO LAG ANY ISSUES?

Edited by iamdarkyoshi
Fixed for night theme users

If same network and assuming the equipment (router and cable) are fine then it should not have problems. Make sure the game you playing can be played via LAN

2 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

If same network and assuming the equipment (router and cable) are fine then it should not have problems. Make sure the game you playing can be played via LAN

i know this may sound dumb but what is lan and do i need to use it?

Just now, Guccimar said:

i know this may sound dumb but what is lan and do i need to use it?

LAN - Local Area Network. 

Have you heard of LAN parties where people in same network connect to each other and play together, the game goes not necessarily need Internet connection, just the connection between computers.

1 minute ago, deXxterlab97 said:

LAN - Local Area Network. 

Have you heard of LAN parties where people in same network connect to each other and play together, the game goes not necessarily need Internet connection, just the connection between computers.

I cant do lan cause the pc are too far away from each other can i still do it without lan or will it degrade performance

1 minute ago, Guccimar said:

I cant do lan cause the pc are too far away from each other can i still do it without lan or will it degrade performance

You don't need to worry about a lan if you're playing online

Just now, liltom00 said:

You don't need to worry about a lan if you're playing online

ok so will my internet be fine and not lag when we are playing duos with other people?

Just now, Guccimar said:

ok so will my internet be fine and not lag when we are playing duos with other people?

I've played with someone else on a slightly slower connection and it worked just fine. I can't guarantee you won't have problems, but your speed shouldn't be an issue. 

Just now, liltom00 said:

I've played with someone else on a slightly slower connection and it worked just fine. I can't guarantee you won't have problems, but your speed shouldn't be an issue. 

ok thanks 

40 minutes ago, Guccimar said:

if they are on the same network then you should have no issue regardless of the distance

19 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

if they are on the same network then you should have no issue regardless of the distance

It's just I don't have a long enough Ethernet cable to go across my house to go to bro pc. And regardless i don't really want LAN. Do you need to connect them both Ethernet to same router to have LAN or can one be Ethernet and one pc be wireless

Just now, Guccimar said:

It's just I don't have a long enough Ethernet cable to go across my house to go to bro pc. And regardless i don't really want LAN. Do you need to connect them both Ethernet to same router to have LAN or can one be Ethernet and one pc be wireless

one can be ethernet and one can be wireless. as long as it is all to the same router/modem