Trend Micro Maximum Security vs Bitdefender Total Security

AlanAlan

I currently in the market for a new antivirus and malware software. I did some research and saw that these two were some of the best. I currently use Kaspersky internet security, but it is about to expire. Which one is better for protecting your computer and is also light and not intrusive.

https://www.smartfinds.com/products/trend-micro-maximum-security-2017-download-1-year-3-device?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI7ImIhJ-Z1gIVApd-Ch3qTwjMEAQYAyABEgJ30PD_BwE

https://www.bitdefender.com/solutions/total-security.html

kasperskys got a free version now , just check with the site . Between these two it's pretty much anything , both are pretty good, but i've heard bit defender being a bit lighter on the system & really quick detection.

Details separate people.

19 minutes ago, Tech_Dreamer said:

kasperskys got a free version now , just check with the site . Between these two it's pretty much anything , both are pretty good, but i've heard bit defender being a bit lighter on the system & really quick detection.

So bitdefender is lighter and better at protection? Which brand do you use?

32 minutes ago, AlanAlan said:

So bitdefender is lighter and better at protection? Which brand do you use?

Right now i'm not on anything premium , run manual scans over with kasperskys free tool, which imo is far better than the actual AV when it comes to finding tiny nuisance which the main one some times 'forgets' to detect.

Details separate people.

14 minutes ago, Tech_Dreamer said:

Right now i'm not on anything premium , run manual scans over with kasperskys free tool, which imo is far better than the actual AV when it comes to finding tiny nuisance which the main one some times 'forgets' to detect.

What is the free kasperskys tool called? Do you know if bitdenfender is intrusive? Like pops up that slows down the computer?

3 hours ago, AlanAlan said:

What is the free kasperskys tool called? Do you know if bitdenfender is intrusive? Like pops up that slows down the computer?

Just called a "virus scan" , you can find it on free tools section , no installation but takes a bout 20 seconds to initialize , Bit defender while i used it had a few minor pop up for major alerts other than that pretty much very light and a few settings tweaked to get some blocked internet access back on as it caused some connectivity problems with the network . Aside from that i tested it with a known virus file & it was lightning quick with no warnings or whatsoever it removed it like that.

Details separate people.