Battery Issues

Donut417

Just wanted a second opinion on this. I have a Lenovo y50-70. Battery was at 100% last time I used it, which was on 9/6 and on 9/8 when I booted it was at 62%. The machine is dual booted with Win 10 and Linux Mint. Ive had the machine for at least 2 years. Im thinking the battery is failing. Any way to test that? I was thinking about buying a new battery, but Lenovo says its not user replaceable, even though it looks like it easily plugs in to the mother board with one wire. As I have opened my machine to clean the fans and its looks pretty easy to replace to me. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

So, you're concerned that the battery has gone down 32%? Was the computer off?

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

Just now, Jamiec1130 said:

So, you're concerned that the battery has gone down 32%? Was the computer off?

Yeah, because I was booted in to Windows for School and booted in to Linux today and it showed 62%. I know for a fact it was at or near 100% the last time I used it. 

Is it possible that Windows or Linux was accidentally running in the background?

Main PC:

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X • Noctua NH-D15 • MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk • 2x8GB G.skill Trident Z Neo 3600MHz CL16 • MSI VENTUS 3X GeForce RTX 3070 OC • Samsung 970 Evo 1TB • Samsung 860 Evo 1TB • Cosair iCUE 465X RGB • Corsair RMx 750W (White)

Peripherals/Other:

ASUS VG27AQ • G PRO K/DA • G502 Hero K/DA • G733 K/DA • G840 K/DA • Oculus Quest 2 • Nintendo Switch (Rev. 2)

Laptop (Dell XPS 13):

Intel Core i7-1195G7 • Intel Iris Xe Graphics • 16GB LPDDR4x 4267MHz • 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD • 13.4" OLED 3.5K InfinityEdge Display (3456x2160, 400nit, touch). 

Got any questions about my system or peripherals? Feel free to tag me (@bellabichon) and I'll be happy to give you my two cents. 

PSA: Posting a PCPartPicker list with no explanation isn't helpful for first-time builders :)

Just now, bellabichon said:

Is it possible that Windows or Linux was accidentally running in the background?

No because when I started it today it went directly to the boot loader. So it was not running.