3200 Ram On B350

I own a MSI B350 Tomahawk, Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB 3200 Mhz ram, and a Ryzen 1700. Everything works fine, but the CPU overclocks best by using the AMD Master Ryzen App and when I do that XMP profiles don't set my RAM to 1600, it has it at 1067. I was wondering if even though I have 3200 ram, do I need to add voltage and essentially overclock my Ram in AMD master ryzen?

EDIT: Bios up to date, CPU overclocked to 3.8 using 1.3 voltage using the Ryzen app

19 minutes ago, Beastattack said:

I own a MSI B350 Tomahawk, Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB 3200 Mhz ram, and a Ryzen 1700. Everything works fine, but the CPU overclocks best by using the AMD Master Ryzen App and when I do that XMP profiles don't set my RAM to 1600, it has it at 1067. I was wondering if even though I have 3200 ram, do I need to add voltage and essentially overclock my Ram in AMD master ryzen?

EDIT: Bios up to date, CPU overclocked to 3.8 using 1.3 voltage using the Ryzen app

Have you set the ram to 3200mhz in the bios using the DOCP option?

You should be able do this without having to oc the CPU in the bios as well.

29 minutes ago, Beastattack said:

Many AM4 motherboards don't like "overclocking" RAM.

I'll get a link for your specific set of RAM and how it overclocks on different boards in a minute.

Fan Comparisons          F@H          PCPartPicker         Analysis of Market Trends (Coming soon? Never? Who knows!)

Designing a mITX case. Working on aluminum prototypes.

Open for intern / part-time. Good at maths, CAD and airflow stuff. Dabbled with Python.

Please fill out this form! It helps a ton! https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/841400-the-poll-to-end-all-polls-poll/

8 minutes ago, Imbellis said:

Many AM4 motherboards don't like "overclocking" RAM.

I'll get a link for your specific set of RAM and how it overclocks on different boards in a minute.

Thank you, I'm trying both XMP profiles and neither seem to be working, but my CPU still gets overclocked.

Here's a list for exactly the same RAM, and how it does with a quite a few ryzen motherboards.

For the B350 Tomahawk, the RAM is tested from 2132 to 3200 - so you may not be stuck yet.

Fan Comparisons          F@H          PCPartPicker         Analysis of Market Trends (Coming soon? Never? Who knows!)

Designing a mITX case. Working on aluminum prototypes.

Open for intern / part-time. Good at maths, CAD and airflow stuff. Dabbled with Python.

Please fill out this form! It helps a ton! https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/841400-the-poll-to-end-all-polls-poll/

27 minutes ago, kalnick said:

Have you set the ram to 3200mhz in the bios using the DOCP option?

You should be able do this without having to oc the CPU in the bios as well.

Not sure what DOCP is, I've done XMP for 3200 and that doesn't work, just sets me at 2133. I just got 2400 without changing anything except the frequency setting.

8 minutes ago, Imbellis said:

Here's a list for exactly the same RAM, and how it does with a quite a few ryzen motherboards.

For the B350 Tomahawk, the RAM is tested from 2132 to 3200 - so you may not be stuck yet.

Is that just what their capable of? What does that mean to me? Is that without changing voltages?

2 minutes ago, Beastattack said:

Not sure what DOCP is, I've done XMP for 3200 and that doesn't work, just sets me at 2133. I just got 2400 without changing anything except the frequency setting.

XMP is Intel I think, DOCP is AMD version of the same thing

I have 3000mhz ram and the latest bios update left me at 2400mhz, I had skipped a few updates previously, so I went to the previous one and it works fine now at 2966mhz. Not sure if you skipped any bios previous versions when you upgraded your boards bios to the latest. If you did try one of the older ones and see if it works

Try giving the RAM and SOC more voltage . When overclocking ram on ryzen , i got best result by giving +60mv SoC , and setting ram to 1.35V . Neither will impact power or heat significantly , but it can help with stability.

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case