Ryzen Build f*** up

WhiteWulfe

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/WhiteWulfe/saved/

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125880

The 2nd link is the actual video card I got, so ignore the PcPartpicker video card.

Me and a friend of mine had a really hard time setting this build up in the first place, but we eventually did, but I noticed that he did not put the 2 RAM sticks in one channel, but was instead spread out across 2 channels instead. I believe they're supposed to be in the same channel for better efficiency right? Anyways I opened the case up and switched the one stick to the slot that was in the same channel as the other stick, and that was it. Well...Pc is running just fine granted, but I cannot see the damn screen anymore. I cannot check the Bios or anything and no there is no beeping noise or anything before anyone asks. I already tried the usual...here's the list

1. Took CMOS battery out for over a minute and put back in

2. Made sure wires and cables were connected correctly

3. Tried the RAM out in different slots, and tried only stick of RAM in each slot

4. Tried a different monitor just in case one monitor was defective

5. Did disconnect and reconnect the video card as well

Any help would be appreciated, as it seems as if the pc is running just fine, but I can't get a screen...Thank u in advance 

13 minutes ago, EvanTech said:

Try different ram. if that doesn't work, make sure you tried both sticks of ram in each slot independently. Then test the system barebones (PSU, MoBo, Ram, Cpu ONLY) Then try out some diffrent ram. If you don't have extra ram, call the mobo manufacturer to make sure the ram is on the qvl (qualified vendors list) as sometimes ram NOT on this list will work intermittently.  If the ram IS on the qvl, call the ram manufacturer for help.

That's the issue don't have RAM on hand. Too expensive for me to have backups of

2 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

That's the issue don't have RAM on hand. Too expensive for me to have backups of

use 1 stick at a time

26 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/WhiteWulfe/saved/

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125880

The 2nd link is the actual video card I got, so ignore the PcPartpicker video card.

Me and a friend of mine had a really hard time setting this build up in the first place, but we eventually did, but I noticed that he did not put the 2 RAM sticks in one channel, but was instead spread out across 2 channels instead. I believe they're supposed to be in the same channel for better efficiency right? Anyways I opened the case up and switched the one stick to the slot that was in the same channel as the other stick, and that was it. Well...Pc is running just fine granted, but I cannot see the damn screen anymore. I cannot check the Bios or anything and no there is no beeping noise or anything before anyone asks. I already tried the usual...here's the list

1. Took CMOS battery out for over a minute and put back in

2. Made sure wires and cables were connected correctly

3. Tried the RAM out in different slots, and tried only stick of RAM in each slot

4. Tried a different monitor just in case one monitor was defective

5. Did disconnect and reconnect the video card as well

Any help would be appreciated, as it seems as if the pc is running just fine, but I can't get a screen...Thank u in advance 

I feel the need to ask because it's a common mistake: was your PC unplugged when you removed the CMOS battery? If not, unplug it and hold the power button to drain the capacitors before removing the battery. Take this chance as well to remove and unplug the GPU, inspect the PCIe slot and GPU power connectors for any dust, debris or damage, then plug everything back in and reconnect the power.

(side note: you wouldn't be the first person in the world to forget to plug the GPU power cords back in...)

Try plugging a single stick of RAM into the DIMM farthest from the CPU. See if you get a display then. If you are able to get a display, try the second stick. If you have a bad stick of RAM, that's one quick way to identify it. If you are able to get a signal with each stick individually, look at your motherboard manual for a list of recommended configuration and install both sticks in one. If that doesn't work, try the other configuration in the manual. If both work, hey, cool, problem solved. Run MemTest86 overnight to make sure there are no errors and you're set.

If one or the other don't work, or if the system refuses to put out any display at all, contact MSI. MSI boards have some wacky RAM compatibility issues. The NAND in your RAM is very likely Hynix, so that could possibly be an issue. If you were overclocking Hynix RAM on a picky MSI mobo, it could be as simple as a CMOS issue. Only more troubleshooting will answer that. I've had a stick of Corsair LPX 3000 go bad on me out of the blue once, and there's the aforementioned MSI issue. There's also the off chance that you just forgot to plug the GPU power back in--no shame there. Give the steps above a shot and see what you come up with.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

26 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Did you try both sticks of ram in each slot individually or just the one?

Also how long are you letting the system sit after you push the power button?   Sometimes these ryzen builds take an obscene amount of time to post. I would try powering it up and letting it sit for awhile.  I know when I Built mine I though I fd something up at first because of the long post time.

44 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

but I noticed that he did not put the 2 RAM sticks in one channel, but was instead spread out across 2 channels instead. I believe they're supposed to be in the same channel for better efficiency right?

I'm not understanding what you're saying.  Looking at a picture of your board, your ram should be in the red slots.

Your board has 'clear cmos' pins that allow you to clear/reset your cmos.  Unplugging the PSU and removing the battery should theoretically do the same thing, but I think this is easier and quicker.

cmos.png.73c476de82bd8f5672ee63b4c246bdc4.png

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x  Board: Asus PRIME X570-P  Ram: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2x8) DDR4-3000  Case: Fractal Design Define S

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070  SSD: HP EX950 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM

PSU: SeaSonic FOCUS Plus Platinum 750W  Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S SE-AM4  Monitor: Viotek GFT27DB 27.0" 2560x1440 144 Hz

1 hour ago, WhiteWulfe said:

After you've cleared/reset the CMOS, put the ram in the red slots and power it up.  Give it up to 10 minutes to post.  Also ensure you're using the latest bios for your board.  https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/X370-GAMING-PLUS#down-bios

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x  Board: Asus PRIME X570-P  Ram: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2x8) DDR4-3000  Case: Fractal Design Define S

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070  SSD: HP EX950 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM

PSU: SeaSonic FOCUS Plus Platinum 750W  Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S SE-AM4  Monitor: Viotek GFT27DB 27.0" 2560x1440 144 Hz