What happened? Trip switch

I'll keep it short. There's a TL;DR if you want.

3 years ago I constructed my own PC.

In that time, most things have been fine. The graphics card died (random freezes, disconnecting) so I had to buy a new one (for £400 :o) and now something has happened that I need some guidance on.

Throughout those 3 years, odd things have happened here and there.

1.The headset would flash on and off occasionally. 

2. restarting the PC ALWAYS ensured the hard drive wouldn't be recognised, only turning the computer fully off and on made it recognisable,

3. buying a new, advanced keyboard with more than two USB plugs blue-screened my PC when browsing the internet. Unplugging one of the two USB's stopped the bluescreen. (razer chroma v2)

4. The wireless internet was incredibly unstable. Would cut out once every 30 seconds. Another day it would be crystal clear speeds. Buying a new wireless dongle, switching wireless channels etc. never helped. 

Throughout this time I never heard any weird noises other than my case vibrating or a slight hissing from my graphics card. Never an issue, however:

TL;DR

Now, here's the big issue of recent:

I heard LOUD buzzing coming from my power supply, last night. It randomly begun while playing Skyrim. I turned off my pc as a result. When attempting to turn it on VIA THE WALL, it caused a surge that tripped half the house. I tried a further 3 times, causing a house-wide trip switch every attempt at turning on the PC at the wall. The next morning, I could turn on the switch at the wall, and my monitor and speakers would light up, but the PC itself won't turn on.

What has happened? I assume the power supply is dead, and I will be RMA'ing it. But if it turns out all my parts are damaged, what can I do? If my parts aren't damaged, perhaps it's worth upgrading the lot anyway in case the 3 years have aged anything prematurely?
Thoughts? 

I forgot to add the specs:

i7-4770k

16gb Ram

a likely dead Corsair AX860

MSI 1070

g45 MSI gaming motherboard

250gb SSD

2tb HDD

Dark rock 3 CPU cooler.

Razer chroma v2 keyboard.

Perhaps there wasn't enough power to go around?

I would agree that the power supply is likely dead. Also invest in a power strip with surge protection if you haven't already.

When you get a new PSU do a quick test of your components to make sure they work with it. Try to find if one specific thing is wrong rather than full upgrade (assuming you are wanting to save money).

As for the other tings I would recommend a fresh install of windows.

1 minute ago, Gregz The Great said:

I thought the high-end power supplies had built in protection?

It never hurts to be extra careful. I personally have had some bad luck with Corsair PSUs in the past (though I will not discredit them for a few bad eggs)

1 minute ago, Syn Messer said:

It never hurts to be extra careful. I personally have had some bad luck with Corsair PSUs in the past (though I will not discredit them for a few bad eggs)

Understandable. I just really hope this hasn't killed off all my parts. I've spent so much money. and my graphics card is only a year old. This is so horrific that things like this can even happen. A PSU decides to mess up and suddenly you've wasted all of your money!

2 minutes ago, Gregz The Great said:

Understandable. I just really hope this hasn't killed off all my parts. I've spent so much money. and my graphics card is only a year old. This is so horrific that things like this can even happen. A PSU decides to mess up and suddenly you've wasted all of your money!

My first build involved me going through 3 power supplies before finding a non faulty one. Not as high end as yours, but still damaged my parts. I was just thankful that since I had recently bought it all they where able to replace it all just fine. But this is a risk we take when building our own computers.

2 minutes ago, Syn Messer said:

My first build involved me going through 3 power supplies before finding a non faulty one. Not as high end as yours, but still damaged my parts. I was just thankful that since I had recently bought it all they where able to replace it all just fine. But this is a risk we take when building our own computers.

You're right. But I've seen two people I know buy pre-builts and they've been a lot more problematic than custom builds. It just seems PC's are the best, but incredibly unstable :P

Anyway, thank you.

So.. Did you ever test the PSU OUTSIDE of having it plugged into the motheboard?

All of your other problems sound like you've had a flaky motherboard all along.  And if the motherboard is now dead, it's not going to tell the PSU to turn on.  You can flip the switch on the back of the PSU until the cows come home, but if the motherboard isn't giving the PSU the power OK signal, it's not going to actually power up.