Need help

Tech Wizard

Hello,

Don't ask why, but I changed my router to AP mode, and now I can't connect to it at all. I want to change back to the normal mode, but as mentioned, can't connect.

Doesn't give me any default gateway IP in CMD/ipconfig. What do I do?

halp.PNG.817fc26e7b14c59390c6482c04f760f3.PNG

Main:  1650 v2   @ 4,6GHz   -   X79 Deluxe                -   GTX 1080 @ 2000MHz   -   24GB DDR3 @ 2400MHz / CL10

Side:   i7-4790K @ 4,5GHz   -   Maximus 7 Hero        -   GTX 1070 @ 2114MHz    -  16GB DDR3 @ 2666MHz / CL12

HWBOT

3 minutes ago, Tech Wizard said:

Hello,

Don't ask why, but I changed my router to AP mode, and now I can't connect to it at all. I want to change back to the normal mode, but as mentioned, can't connect.

Doesn't give me any default gateway IP in CMD/ipconfig. What do I do?

reset button on the back of the router

Intel Xeon X5650 OC'd to 4Ghz  Sapphire R9 290 Vapor X 4GB  |  Vengeance® K70 & M65  W10 Pro

Just now, mpsparrow said:

Reset it

Just now, MrMarriarty said:

reset button on the back of the router

Reset it at least 5 times with button, power cable, ethernet, all cables at once. It's still in AP mode and can't connect to it

Main:  1650 v2   @ 4,6GHz   -   X79 Deluxe                -   GTX 1080 @ 2000MHz   -   24GB DDR3 @ 2400MHz / CL10

Side:   i7-4790K @ 4,5GHz   -   Maximus 7 Hero        -   GTX 1070 @ 2114MHz    -  16GB DDR3 @ 2666MHz / CL12

HWBOT

Just now, Tech Wizard said:

Reset it at least 5 times with button, power cable, ethernet, all cables at once. It's still in AP mode and can't connect to it

What model router do you have? Look in the manual or online to see how you fully reset it.

Just now, Tech Wizard said:

well sorry but you havent reset it properly then, most you have to hold the button for 5 / 10 seconds did you do that???

Intel Xeon X5650 OC'd to 4Ghz  Sapphire R9 290 Vapor X 4GB  |  Vengeance® K70 & M65  W10 Pro

Use magic!

Sorry... could not resist.

Look up the 30 30 30 reset method. Try that.

2 minutes ago, mpsparrow said:

What model router do you have? Look in the manual or online to see how you fully reset it.

2 minutes ago, MrMarriarty said:

well sorry but you havent reset it properly then, most you have to hold the button for 5 / 10 seconds did you do that???

1 minute ago, Legendarypoet said:

Use magic!

Sorry... could not resist.

Look up the 30 30 30 reset method. Try that.

MrMarriarty's answer was the solution. Apparently I didn't do a hard reset. Held the button for like 20s and saw all the lights flashing. Everything is fixed now, thanks boyz :)

HWBOT