wifi adapter for linux

So I have a wifi adapter and have spent a solid day trying to get it work tried roughly 6 drivers always gave an error or even caused a kernel panic. Budget 20ish dollars wifi adapter prefer if it had 5ghz and ac but to keep it simple IT HAS TO HAVE OUT OF BOX SUPPORT WITH LINUX (xubuntu 16.10). Any leads would be greatly appreciated. If you're educated in Linux this is the thread to try and get my current wifi adapter working. (BTW I have one wifi adapter its just slow my internet speed is 10 MB and im only getting 1.5MB MB not bits) 

@Thermosman @Mr.McMister any help? also I tried ndiswrapper have it installed but the company that makes the driver only has it in a exe and nota  inf and a google search for the chipset inf didnt give anything.

1 minute ago, Ohsnaps said:

@Thermosman @Mr.McMister any help? also I tried ndiswrapper have it installed but the company that makes the driver only has it in a exe and nota  inf and a google search for the chipset inf didnt give anything.

you may be able to get at the files within the exe using an archive manager such as 7zip as most driver installers executables are self-extracting archives.

............ another linux installation down............................... all my programs are unable to launch well I guess giving linux was worth a shot granted I only have myself to blame for messing this install up but still rather annoyed that installing something could have destroyed it (ndiswrapper ) its dependencies weren't met it set do sudo apt-get install -f and then it got rid of everything........... lol 

i have not yet found an AC speed wifi that has drivers included in the kernel. Until I find one I'm sticking to Atheros chips. All the AC ones I have looked at appear to be broadcom. I have seen a lot of reviews where people are having trouble getting full speed out of their wifi on linux using closed source drivers.

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

@SCHISCHKAwhat wifi adapter do you use? how fast can you download my connection is 10 mbytes so pretty fast and would like to actually saturate that bandwidth. Thank you for that information btw.

4 hours ago, Ohsnaps said:

@SCHISCHKAwhat wifi adapter do you use? how fast can you download my connection is 10 mbytes so pretty fast and would like to actually saturate that bandwidth. Thank you for that information btw.

In my laptop I have this 02:00.0 Network controller: Qualcomm Atheros QCA9565 / AR9565 Wireless Network Adapter (rev 01)

It took a lot of research to find a cheap laptop with an atheros chip.

Iv also got some alpha USB dongle, alpha is the only manufacturer I have found that puts chipset info in their specs.

I get full speed around 30MB/s or 300mbps.

My iPAD has 5GHz so it should get more but I have not tested it.

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_