Best phone under 5 inches

IAmAndre

Hi,

I currently have a Moto G3, which I considered replacing with a Moto G5. But for now, I'm more interested in the Samsung A3 2017 which is even smaller and has better specs and a better build quality. However, this morning I saw that there are already leaks about the 2018 version, and since the 2017 model was announced in last January and released in February, should I just wait for the 2018 Samsung lineup (that's about 4 months from now, it's totally fine for me), so that I can even save money and afford to spend a little more if needed?

Also, this morning I saw MKBHD's review of the OnePlus 5 (I never watch these videos because I'm not into high-end flagship devices). This phone has 128GB of internal storage and 8GB of RAM, which is more than many laptops at this price range. Is it safe to say that it's "future proof", or at least that I won't need any upgrade for 4 years at the very least? If so, is there an alternative with a smaller display (preferably under 5 inches)?

Thanks

oneplus 5 has a 5.5 inch screen and is covered for 2 years from launch by the company (typical life cycle for most people). I don't see many reasons it wouldn't last past that though

If you want to not spend a kidney on an iphone, take a look at the sony Z3 Compact. Been using one for 2.5 years now and I'm really pleased. 

Blazing fast as in the beginning and 3+ days of battery (depending on usage of course, but an iphone 5s lasted me until the evening with same usage. So.

Camera is decent but nothing to brag with. Does good pictures in manual mode with everything set to auto (this way it uses 21Mp instead of only 8. no idea what sony was thinking)

Around here you can get it in a sale for under 150€ (germany).

7 hours ago, Radioactive Snowman said:

oneplus 5 has a 5.5 inch screen and is covered for 2 years from launch by the company (typical life cycle for most people). I don't see many reasons it wouldn't last past that though

Why not? I doubt that these specs would be outdated in 2 years from now.

3 hours ago, staubgame said:

If you want to not spend a kidney on an iphone, take a look at the sony Z3 Compact. Been using one for 2.5 years now and I'm really pleased. 

Blazing fast as in the beginning and 3+ days of battery (depending on usage of course, but an iphone 5s lasted me until the evening with same usage. So.

Camera is decent but nothing to brag with. Does good pictures in manual mode with everything set to auto (this way it uses 21Mp instead of only 8. no idea what sony was thinking)

Around here you can get it in a sale for under 150€ (germany).

Too old

17 hours ago, IAmAndre said:

Why not? I doubt that these specs would be outdated in 2 years from now.

Too old

Fair point. ;)

Still then maybe Sony might be the android to look for since all others pretty much abbandoned screens smaller than 5 inch in high end market.

At least none comes to my mind.

Used iPhone 7s will probably start popping up in massive quantities for pretty good prices in the next month, by the way

47 minutes ago, nutbunnies said:

Used iPhone 7s will probably start popping up in massive quantities for pretty good prices in the next month, by the way

Meh I'm not into Apple products. But I'm considering getting an iPod Touch if they still do some.