Internal Hard drives not spinning down

zTKS

Hi there,

When I have an internal harddrive connected to my pc through sata and power from the power supply my harddrives never ever spin down no matter what. That includes the power management I've set and using HDDScan to manually do so, they just spin right back up instsntly.

I do not have any reads or writes going through them, no handles or dll files accessing them or any programs on the drives running.

I can connect them to an external bay that connects through USB 3.0 and then suddenly they do spin down with both methods.

I'm not sure what I can do to allow them to spin down when they need to.

Any advice is appreciated. The motherboard I am using is the Asus Z270F.

@zTKS, use Windows power management, hope you are suing Windows you didn't say, to turn off the HDDs after the time that you want. Go to windows power management then make sure you are on the power plan that you want to modify then click on Change plan settings, then click on Change advanced power settings, then on the window that pops up expand Hard disk and then just change the Turn off hard disk after time to what ever then apply.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

24 minutes ago, Leonard said:

@zTKS, use Windows power management, hope you are suing Windows you didn't say, to turn off the HDDs after the time that you want. Go to windows power management then make sure you are on the power plan that you want to modify then click on Change plan settings, then click on Change advanced power settings, then on the window that pops up expand Hard disk and then just change the Turn off hard disk after time to what ever then apply.

As I said, my issue includes power management and even manually spinning them down.