Help

Go to solution Solved by Bouzoo,

Anne Pro for budget, Vortex Race 3, KBP V60, B. Face, VA68M, FC660M or some pre built GH60 set for more. You might find 65% iinteresting as well if you haven't looked at them. 

I just got a new laptop and my keyboard is quite flimsy. So, I decided to get something small and compact for a alternative keyboard for it. Something that I can bring around.

I decided to go for a 60% mechanical keyboard.

I looked at the Vortex Poker 3 and the IKCB Poker ii.

If you can recommend any other brand or keyboard would do. Something with a tactile feel. I do type with some force so something that can withstand that for around 8-12 hours would be awesome. With or without LEDs would be fine. And a detachable cable would be a plus, since I would be placing it inside a bag more or less.

Anne Pro for budget, Vortex Race 3, KBP V60, B. Face, VA68M, FC660M or some pre built GH60 set for more. You might find 65% iinteresting as well if you haven't looked at them. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

27 minutes ago, Bouzoo said:

I was actually looking at the Anne pro as well. Since its name been rising around some local mechanical keyboard groups where I am from. And I just watched a video about the anne pro vs the poker. Isn't the switch placement a bit flimsy? since in the video it said it was a bit jiggly.

17 minutes ago, J4kk0 said:

I was actually looking at the Anne pro as well. Since its name been rising around some local mechanical keyboard groups where I am from. And I just watched a video about the anne pro vs the poker. Isn't the switch placement a bit flimsy? since in the video it said it was a bit jiggly.

It is more jiggy than Pok3r it's true. Many prefer and think that Gaterons are smoother than Cherry, but they are not as stable. Mind you chances are you won't even notice that. They are far from unusable and unstable. 

33 minutes ago, Bouzoo said:

It is more jiggy than Pok3r it's true. Many prefer and think that Gaterons are smoother than Cherry, but they are not as stable. Mind you chances are you won't even notice that. They are far from unusable and unstable. 

I heard that Gaterons are almost the same as Cherry. I would just probably get the Anne Pro. Thanks.

29 minutes ago, RelyBedGrammer said:

never used this, but it might be worth checking out

it's kinda pricey though

I actually saw this once it was uploaded by hardwarecanucks. but yeah, it is a pricey thing, and shipping is a pain in the ass. but thanks for the recommendation 

6 minutes ago, J4kk0 said:

I heard that Gaterons are almost the same as Cherry. I would just probably get the Anne Pro. Thanks.

As all switches they are purely subjective, but Gaterons are arguably the best Cherry clones, and as I said, many prefer them. I personally prefer Gat Reds to Cherry. They are smoother. 

I'm waiting to buy Anne Pro myself when they release the ISO layout which has been coming very very soon for 5 months now. 9_9

If they don't release until the end of the year I may do a custom GH60 build with Kailh Box Red/Zealio 65g combo.