Can i fix phone's broken screen? (Or atleast hide it?)

GirvanaWantsBinnieBalls

I cracked a cold one with my phone 3 days ago and now it looks ugly af... not rly but its sad...

It is an s7 edge so u can tell the repair is gonna be pricy af...

So just like any idiot trying to find a cheap solution i came down to some utube videos saying toothpaste can ''fix my broken glass'' ofc i dont beleive it will go to that extend but can toothpaste kind of hide a bunch of cracks?

If not, is there any small solution? (cheap obv )

Don't put toothpaste on your phone, you're gonna have a bad time. I'm assuming there is a reason beyond it looking ugly to why you would like to hide this - but trust me, owning up to it will save a lot of problems in the future.

edutechie

If everything in an Active Directory is an object and women can be part of an Active Directory, does that mean women are objects?

There isn't a whole lot you can do, other than putting tape or a screen protector on to avoid the sharp edges.

bit off topic

the S7 edge display is usually shipped as complete on frame. 

A lot of repair store give a heavy rebate on cracked but working LCDs as they can be refurbished.

depending on your location, it'll be cheaper to go through an authorised Samsung centre because the parts cost them a lot less than other places.

When I worked as a technician in a Samsung ASC, our cost price for complete assembly displays (for the then new Galaxy S4) was almost half of what was on the refurb market.

99% of displays used by "3rd party" stores are refurbished

I currently work for a company that does this

if you do go via a non ASC, check your replacement screen for burn in and touch issues (dial *#0*# to enter the SC test menu) before paying !

2 hours ago, leham said:

There isn't a whole lot you can do, other than putting tape or a screen protector on to avoid the sharp edges.

bit off topic

the S7 edge display is usually shipped as complete on frame. 

A lot of repair store give a heavy rebate on cracked but working LCDs as they can be refurbished.

depending on your location, it'll be cheaper to go through an authorised Samsung centre because the parts cost them a lot less than other places.

When I worked as a technician in a Samsung ASC, our cost price for complete assembly displays (for the then new Galaxy S4) was almost half of what was on the refurb market.

99% of displays used by "3rd party" stores are refurbished

I currently work for a company that does this

if you do go via a non ASC, check your replacement screen for burn in and touch issues (dial *#0*# to enter the SC test menu) before paying !

i sent an email to samsung asking if i can send them the device and get it fixed.... i also asked the price , now i just wait...

I asked an other shop which is a company on their own completely off samsung, via live-assistance and they told me that the screen needs 325 euroes... a new s7 edge costs 455 here... what a rip off! Id rather buy a new one than fix my broken xD I hope samsung has a better deal for me :/ 

Also can i know what ASC is? bec i look at the internet and i find lots of difference organizations such us Courriers and ''American Society of Cinematography'' hahahah

1 hour ago, GirvanaWantsBinnieBalls said:

i sent an email to samsung asking if i can send them the device and get it fixed.... i also asked the price , now i just wait...

I asked an other shop which is a company on their own completely off samsung, via live-assistance and they told me that the screen needs 325 euroes... a new s7 edge costs 455 here... what a rip off! Id rather buy a new one than fix my broken xD I hope samsung has a better deal for me :/ 

Also can i know what ASC is? bec i look at the internet and i find lots of difference organizations such us Courriers and ''American Society of Cinematography'' hahahah

ASC= Authorised Service centre 

yeah the S7 and S7 Edge are expensive screens, with the edge it's quite literally half the phone 

2 minutes ago, leham said:

ASC= Authorised Service centre 

yeah the S7 and S7 Edge are expensive screens, with the edge it's quite literally half the phone 

from samsung it costs 330 euroes... wtf? i talked with them and they said 330 and that it wont be water resistant anymore.. hell yeah!

5 minutes ago, GirvanaWantsBinnieBalls said:

from samsung it costs 330 euroes... wtf? i talked with them and they said 330 and that it wont be water resistant anymore.. hell yeah!

WTF!? 

It has to be water resistant again. Samsungs policy is it must meet manufacturer specs after out of warranty repairs.. That spec being water proof.. 

Did you contact them via the Samsung website? Or using the find a service centre thing on samsungs website? 

Just now, leham said:

WTF!? 

It has to be water resistant again. Samsungs policy is it must meet manufacturer specs after out of warranty repairs.. That spec being water proof.. 

Did you contact them via the Samsung website? Or using the find a service centre thing on samsungs website? 

i contaacted samsung live assistance and he recommended me a bunch of service centres to go to... i phoned one of the stores close to me and the guy (rude) said 330 and that it wont be water resistant

12 hours ago, GirvanaWantsBinnieBalls said:

i contaacted samsung live assistance and he recommended me a bunch of service centres to go to... i phoned one of the stores close to me and the guy (rude) said 330 and that it wont be water resistant

Tell Samsung what centre it was, they are being dodgy