GTX 660ti 3gb

CallMeWicki

I have the MSI GTX 660 Ti. There's no reason why the minimum FPS would be less than 45, the average FPS is closer to 65 (being conservative here). this is with all settings maxed out.

what CPU are you using in your system? are you gaming at higher than 1080p? multi monitor? could it just be your internet connection?

2nd gen i7- 2700k i think im not 100% on the 2700k part. also, when i play minecraft if i max out the setting im lucky to get 30, BF3 with ultra settings occasionally ill get 40-45 but normally around 25-35

My motherboard is running on a z68 chipset however, could that be the problem?

When you mentioned you just get 30FPS on Minecraft, that is a really concern as the 660TI is a very capable gaming card.

Something is very wrong. The 660ti should easily be able to conquer BF3 let alone Minecraft. The CPU is not the problem as well. Hmm. Perhaps the card is not functioning properly?

What settings exactly are you running BF3 on ? because once you start raising the AA levels you will notice a serious hit to the performance.

As for Minecraft , the game is poorly optimized and those performance numbers is what I would expect if you are using the high-texture pack.

What's your power supply ? Are you playing on a resolution bigger than 1080P ?

This is probably a stupid question but do you have Vsync turned on?

Are you running the latest nVidia drivers?

I running the latest drivers, i do not know if vsync is on i have not turned it on if it is off by default and i have an 850 watt power supply

Check your game settings. And driver settings.

No matter what AA ,at ultra you are supposed to get 50+fps with a 660ti and 2700k.....are you playing at 1080p or are you playing at an even higher rez?

PC 1: CPU: i5 12600k     GPU: RTX 4080     MOTHERBOARD: Asus B650M-A D4       RAM: 16x4 DDR4 3200       POWERSUPPLY: EVGA 650 G6  

SSD: WD Black gen 4 x2 + Crucial MX 500 x2           

KEYBOARD: Keychron K4    MOUSE: Logitech G502 SE Hero   MOUSE PAD: Goliathus control XL   MONITOR: Alienware AW3423DW + LG 25UM58 + Dell 24"  Speakers: Edifier R1280T + SVS PB1000

Laptop: M1 MacBook Pro 16                     

1080p resolution, my monitor does not go higher.

i know with my 3930k and reference 2ghz i get 58 to 60 fps solid, but that is on driver 306.97. 310+ nets me 45 to 50 with super annoying microstutter and stability issues with evga precision x. id roll back drivers and check your nvidia control settings ie making sure its set to prefer max performance in global power settings and make sute vsync is on.

Do not use more than 2xAA with a 660ti @ 1080p for bf3.

Overclock the memory if possible as the memory bandwidth on the 660ti is limiting factor. The 3gb (which I would say is useless over the 2gb) may hold you back here.

i dont know about BF3 as i dont have my gaming PC yet but with minecraft. you dont have vsync turned on do you, because Vsync limits it to 30 FPS

SYSTEM SPECS

CPU> Intel 4790k< GPU> EVGA GTX970< SSD> Crucial MX200 250Gb< HDD> Seagate Barracuda 2Tb<
Cooling> Corsair H100i< Case> Corsair Air 540< PSU> Seasonic X-Series 650W< RAM> 8Gb Kingston HyperX<

You might have vsync on. Go to your desktop and right click then go to the Nvidia control panel. Go to Manage 3D settings and then global settings. Scroll to the bottom and set Vsync to either off or Adaptive, don't use normal Vsync as when your FPS goes lower than 60 it cuts the FPS in half. Also what drivers are you currently running, you should download the latest from the Geforce website. Also try downloading MSI Afterburner and running the background while you play then go check the temps and clock speeds your card is running at.