upgrading my internet setup

Thamer

I have DSL connection in my house and I'm looking to upgrade it. I have been using my modem for 9 years now and I think I can utilize my internet speed better, Also, I'm looking into putting a new router in the house; my house is two floors 180sq/m

Ok, what do you need?

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

3 minutes ago, Jamiec1130 said:

Ok, what do you need?

New modem and router

3 minutes ago, Colexd said:

Congrats..?

what?

1 minute ago, Thamer said:

New modem and router

Ok. 

Just now, Thamer said:

what?

You didn't provide much info, such as a question, in the first post. What service are you looking to upgrade to? Cable? If so, what provider? What kind of router do you need?

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

Just now, Jamiec1130 said:

Ok. 

You didn't provide much info, such as a question, in the first post. What service are you looking to upgrade to? Cable? If so, what provider? What kind of router do you need?

This^

You simply need a modem and router capable of the speed you receive from your provider. Most will list compatible hardware on their website, or the specs of what's required

51 minutes ago, sambarrett23072 said:

Why a router and modem, why not all in one box. 

Don't recommend those. They're often shit quality and have very limited configuration abilities. 

2 hours ago, sambarrett23072 said:

What are you upgrading to, I don't know where you live or what packages are available.

What is your house like, thick walls, thin walls.

Why a router and modem, why not all in one box. 

Oh! sorry for that. I didn't know about all that, my bad. I live in Saudi Arabia and my supposed internet speed is 20mbps and I only see 4, I changed the cables to Cat 6 and nothing happened, and there is only one ISP and their customer service makes Comcast look like saints,

the walls are thick, it is a concrete building.

I have modem router combo and it is not that good

3 hours ago, Jamiec1130 said:

My mistake, I apologize. the router that I need is able to provide signal to the entire house if possible