Ryzen threadripper Build { Solved }

efberto

Hey guys,

so I built a new pc today and I can't seem to get it to work. It starts up and all fans start spinning but I can't get anything on my screen. I thought maybe it was the graphics card but I already swapped it out for a GTX 1070 and still the result remains. Also the red CPU led is on confirming an error with the built. I also unmounted the cooler and reinstalled it. Also checked the board for faulty pins but seems like there weren't any, the CPU also seems fine.

Also the motherboard shows a upside down SP on the led screen. 

Specs : 

Ryzen threadripper 1950X

32 gb ddr4 3000mhz Kingston hyperX memory 

Nvidia GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming

gigabte Aorus x399 gaming 7 

I'm all out of ideas hope you guys can help me.

efberto 

IMG_6742.JPG

IMG_6743.JPG

IMG_6744.JPG

IMG_6745.JPG

14 minutes ago, efberto said:

Also the motherboard shows a upside down SP on the led screen. 

You mean 5b?

An upside down P is a b...

Build: Intel S2600gz, 2x E5-2670, EVGA SC 1070, Zotac 1060 6GB mini, 48GB Micron 1333mhz ECC DDR3, 2x Intel DPS-750XB 750 watt PSU

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/elerek/saved/3T7D4D

All right thank you for your help but if the error is 5b then it says "PCI device hot plug.", any idea what this is supposed to mean ?

errror.JPG

3 minutes ago, efberto said:

All right thank you for your help but if the error is 5b then it says "PCI device hot plug.", any idea what this is supposed to mean ?

Your error code is not SP upside down or 5b

"D5 No Space for Legacy Option ROM initialization."

Untitled.png

Build: Intel S2600gz, 2x E5-2670, EVGA SC 1070, Zotac 1060 6GB mini, 48GB Micron 1333mhz ECC DDR3, 2x Intel DPS-750XB 750 watt PSU

Looks like it's an issue with the motherboards Bios and initializing the gpu. See if there's a new bios version for the motherboard you can flash.

All right will do :) (EDIT) sry i forgot, the Pc wont boot, so i can´t even go into BIOS.

2 hours ago, efberto said:

All right will do :) (EDIT) sry i forgot, the Pc wont boot, so i can´t even go into BIOS.

Some motherboards have a feature that allows the board to be flashed without a CPU, GPU or ram.

See if yours has this option because even if it doesn't post at all it should still flash.

It's not a race to the bottom.

7 minutes ago, 0x1e said:

Some motherboards have a feature that allows the board to be flashed without a CPU, GPU or ram.

See if yours has this option because even if it doesn't post at all it should still flash.

All right I'll give it a try, thanks in advance.

Update: so I tried to update the BIOS by removing the CPU and trying Qflash+, but the Motherboard wont even start this time its just just off all the time. Inserting the CPU back in the motherboard boots it again, but won´t do the Qflash Bios update either way :/ starting to get a bit frustratet with this built. 

You can always rma the motherboard. Do you have an older low end gpu you can try in it, or can you get to bios with no gpu? (I don't think that's possible)

Page 75 describes "Using Q-Flash Plus" to flash the bios without having to enter uefi. 

So yeah, Qflash plus did the trick. I also found out that 2 of my Ram slots are dead .. well I guess I have to rma it. Big thanks for the help guys.

1 hour ago, efberto said:

So yeah, Qflash plus did the trick. I also found out that 2 of my Ram slots are dead .. well I guess I have to rma it. Big thanks for the help guys.

Glad to see you got it running at least. Are the slots dead, or the ram?

• 2 months later...

@efberto, could you please elaborate on what you did to make it work?

I have a very similar system that I built today (1950X, Gaming 7, ...), and I seem to be having the same error: Can't get into bios nor boot, fans run, I get the error code d5, and the CPU LED is red.

I tried to create a Q-Flash+ USB stick and put it in the white USB port in the back panel, turned on the power and waited for a few minutes. No luck.

Should I remove the CPU first? Or is my USB stick not properly formatted/installed?

Update: My system is working fine now. I think I know what's wrong...

I tried removing the CPU and all the four memor DIMMs, but the BIOS still wouldn't flash (I later found that the MB shipped with the latest version, so that's probably why).

When I was about to put the DIMMs back in, I discovered that I had not used the recommended slots (I had used the inverse of the recommendation).

After installing the RAM modules in the recommended slots, the system booted fine!