I just updated my PC and I've been having issue after issue. After fixing a few issues now my games just keep crashing and I don't know why. Even just some applications like my Radeon Settings will just randomly crash when the games crash. I have a Ryzen 7 1700 running at stock speeds, and 8GB RAM running at stock speeds as well. I have no idea what to do or if there is some hardware issue, but I wouldn't think there is one considering my computer runs and can be on the internet just fine. 

2 minutes ago, CPU_bot said:

I just updated my PC and I've been having issue after issue. After fixing a few issues now my games just keep crashing and I don't know why. Even just some applications like my Radeon Settings will just randomly crash when the games crash. I have a Ryzen 7 1700 running at stock speeds, and 8GB RAM running at stock speeds as well. I have no idea what to do or if there is some hardware issue, but I wouldn't think there is one considering my computer runs and can be on the internet just fine. 

Did you do a clean instal for you drivers ?

"i reject your reality and substitute my own"

--- Workstion --- GamePc ---   

"College great Dropout Engineering"

20 minutes ago, CPU_bot said:

Yesterday someone posted with a similar problem with games frequently crashing with his Ryzen build, so I'm just going to copy/paste my reply as it seems relevant to you, as well.  This will eliminate the possibility of any hardware issues.  But first, I'd recommend updating your bios and ensuring you're current with Windows Updates, if you haven't already.  Also, plug your system components into a Parts List at pcpartpicker.com and leave us a URL so we can see what we're dealing with.

If I had games crashing for no apparent reason, I'd begin stress testing my components with Aida64.  Use the System Stability Test and check the first three boxes (CPU/FPU/Cache).  Let that run for at least 1 hour.  If that passes, stop the test and check only 'stress system memory' box and run it for another hour.  Repeat that with the GPU and local disks.  It's basically a process of elimination.  Stress test each to find any faults.  If you have no problems, check all the boxes and stress test everything combined for at least 1 hour.

For the record, it's entirely possible to have a stress test fail after 2-3 hours, especially if you're overclocking.  In my opinion, 1 hour should be a reasonable 'quick' stress test.  I've let Aida64 run overnight just to make sure my system was stable.

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x  Board: Asus PRIME X570-P  Ram: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2x8) DDR4-3000  Case: Fractal Design Define S

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070  SSD: HP EX950 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM

PSU: SeaSonic FOCUS Plus Platinum 750W  Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S SE-AM4  Monitor: Viotek GFT27DB 27.0" 2560x1440 144 Hz

3 hours ago, johndms said:

Yesterday someone posted with a similar problem with games frequently crashing with his Ryzen build, so I'm just going to copy/paste my reply as it seems relevant to you, as well.  This will eliminate the possibility of any hardware issues.  But first, I'd recommend updating your bios and ensuring you're current with Windows Updates, if you haven't already.  Also, plug your system components into a Parts List at pcpartpicker.com and leave us a URL so we can see what we're dealing with.

If I had games crashing for no apparent reason, I'd begin stress testing my components with Aida64.  Use the System Stability Test and check the first three boxes (CPU/FPU/Cache).  Let that run for at least 1 hour.  If that passes, stop the test and check only 'stress system memory' box and run it for another hour.  Repeat that with the GPU and local disks.  It's basically a process of elimination.  Stress test each to find any faults.  If you have no problems, check all the boxes and stress test everything combined for at least 1 hour.

For the record, it's entirely possible to have a stress test fail after 2-3 hours, especially if you're overclocking.  In my opinion, 1 hour should be a reasonable 'quick' stress test.  I've let Aida64 run overnight just to make sure my system was stable.

Thank you! That was very helpful and a very well explained response! I hadn't thought of using AIDA64 to check for issues.