Spread spectrum on or off?

I was in my BIOS and saw 2 settings that I wondered about: SB Spread Spectrum and BCLK Spread Spectrum. What do they do? Also, what are the pros and cons to on and off? Thanks!

Assuming clock and voltages all at stock 99% of the time it won't make any difference in day to day, you will maybe see very slightly higher clock fluctuation.

Link explains all though, theoretically it should ALWAYS be off.

Ryzen 3800x 4.4ghz 1.294v all core Noctua NH-D15 x570 Aorus Elite 16gb G.Skill Flare X 3600mhz 15-15-15-30 1T

XFX 5700 XT Thicc III Ultra Seasonic Focus+ 650w Platinum

20 minutes ago, Kenrou said:

Assuming clock and voltages all at stock 99% of the time it won't make any difference in day to day, you will maybe see very slightly higher clock fluctuation.

Link explains all though, theoretically it should ALWAYS be off.

Ok thanks. So there is no reason to have it on?

No practical reason, nothing of actual use in day to day unless you live near a power plant or towers with high voltage cabling which cause EMI. Spread Spectrum helps somewhat there as far as I know.

Ryzen 3800x 4.4ghz 1.294v all core Noctua NH-D15 x570 Aorus Elite 16gb G.Skill Flare X 3600mhz 15-15-15-30 1T

17 minutes ago, Kenrou said:

No practical reason, nothing of actual use in day to day unless you live near a power plant or towers with high voltage cabling which cause EMI. Spread Spectrum helps somewhat there as far as I know.

Thanks a lot. Dumb question- Why would I care about EMI? Is it bad for my computer or something?

http://www.pcguide.com/care/care/gen/envEMI-c.html

"Interference can lead to data loss, picture quality degradation on monitors, and other problems with your PC, or problems with other devices such as television sets and radios. These are generally categorized as electromagnetic interference or EMI problems."

7 hours ago, Kenrou said:

http://www.pcguide.com/care/care/gen/envEMI-c.html

"Interference can lead to data loss, picture quality degradation on monitors, and other problems with your PC, or problems with other devices such as television sets and radios. These are generally categorized as electromagnetic interference or EMI problems."

Thank you very much. I do not have any of those issues, so I guess I will just leave spectrum off.