Listening in public

Cereal_Killer

Some time ago I got myself the Sennheiser HD 518 headphones, and they're really good. However, recently school has started and I found myself wanting to listen to music on breaks and stuff (I also recently got crazy over Iron Maiden, buying 11 of their albums just in the past month). I have three problems, though:

1. In-ear earphones are pure garbage. Not that they don't sound good, but that my ear canals are so small that any earphones I've ever tried, even on smallest tips, just pop out on even the tiniest of movements, no matter how I try to put them in. So that won't work.

2. The HD 518 I've mentioned earlier have a THREE METER long cable with a big-ass 6,5mm jack at the end of it, and the 3.5mm adapter that came with the headphones is almost as bulky as my entire smartphone

3. Lastly, these are open headphones. Not a big deal, I don't have to blast the music at 100% volume, I just wanted to say it so that you don't point it out in replies.

So! Is there any way for me to somewhat comfortably listen to music outside in places like the bus or on breaks at school without having to carry a 3m long cable around that weighs more than my phone, and without having to shell out 100 bucks for another decent pair of headphones?

1 minute ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

Oh, and it also allows me to go straight to 3.5mm without using an adapter.

I guess it was a pretty simply solution, it's just that these cables have a little thingy that makes them click into place and I didn't know if custom retailers had this stuff.

3 minutes ago, Cereal_Killer said:

Oh, and it also allows me to go straight to 3.5mm without using an adapter.

I guess it was a pretty simply solution, it's just that these cables have a little thingy that makes them click into place and I didn't know if custom retailers had this stuff.

The cable I linked uses that connector. 

You just need to make sure it's specifically for Sennheiser as they use their proprietary locking 2.5mm connector. My Momentum 2.0s use it too and I ended up buying a sleeved 2.5mm (Sennheiser's connector) to 3.5mm with a screw on 1/4" adaptor. It works well. 

EDIT: If you just search on Amazon or somewhere similar for Senneheiser HD518 cable, loads should come up. Cable I linked to is almost exactly the same as the one I use. I mainly use it with the 1/4" adaptor as they're pretty much only used at my desk with an amp with a 1/4" output. 

I have a 6,5 to 3,5 adapter for you I don't need it anymore which is the size of my pinky

ask me about your system builds, AIO's, CPU's, PSU's, and GPU's.

• 3 weeks later...

You just need to make sure it's specifically for Sennheiser as they use their proprietary locking 2.5mm connector.

:))

---------------------------------

%@^%&$^%@)%&$

You can get custom fitted tips for your in ear headphones. Those tips can be used as hearing protection as well. They come at cost though – around $100 aren't uncommon. They will fit unlike any other headphones and are comfortable for hours and hours.

Use the quote function when answering! Mark people directly if you want an answer from them!