samsung 850 evo

Dogsparky

i have the 500gb version, yeah i know the drive will probably out live me and whatnot, but i was curious about how many total TB it was rated for, i thought it was 75tb but i am uncertain

1 minute ago, Dogsparky said:

i have the 500gb version, yeah i know the drive will probably out live me and whatnot, but i was curious about how many total TB it was rated for, i thought it was 75tb but i am uncertain

150TB is the guarantee rating but the actual read/write in testing was something closer to a petabyte I think before it kicked the bucket.

1 minute ago, MaxBunny said:

150TB is the guarantee rating but the actual read/write in testing was something closer to a petabyte I think before it kicked the bucket.

yea and that was with the 840 evo

1 minute ago, MaxBunny said:

so it was higher than i though, alright, i was curious for a second drive, since i have had 4 hard drives die on me so far in a way where if  they are plugged into any sata port, it just says scanning and repairing drives at some point, never did that with some test SSDs but anyways would you go for the 960 evo or is the 850 evo good enough? another 500gb is what i am going for, need more storage for games

1 minute ago, Ethocreeper said:

yea and that was with the 840 evo

so the 850 evo is better, 150tb write endurance, thanks for the confirmation

Just now, Dogsparky said:

so the 850 evo is better, 150tb write endurance, thanks for the confirmation

now i mean the test was with the 840 evo and it lasted a pb

imagine the 850 evo

28 minutes ago, Ethocreeper said:

now i mean the test was with the 840 evo and it lasted a pb

imagine the 850 evo

that is what i was doing

13 hours ago, Dogsparky said:

but anyways would you go for the 960 evo or is the 850 evo good enough? another 500gb is what i am going for, need more storage for games

850 is good enough and gets more sales. The 150TB lifespan was on the 500gb and above models btw. The lower ones were rated for 75TB.

1 hour ago, MaxBunny said:

850 is good enough and gets more sales. The 150TB lifespan was on the 500gb and above models btw. The lower ones were rated for 75TB.

i was just thinking the 960 evo because of the form factor, and my case doesn't have more ssd mounts, just the one so i figured less cable management as well so i could just pop it in the motherboard and not worry about having to re do my cables