GTX 1070, 1080 no sync or rx vega 56 freesync?

DustHaze
41 minutes ago, DustHaze said:

But what about free-sync as higher frame rate doesn't matter if you have tearing, the vega 56 have been already tested and I saw lots of reviews if I get 60fps in all games at ultra settings but no tearing using free sync its better than having 100 fps with 1080 with tearing. and you can see that in this video

G-Sync and FreeSync work the same way - if the FPS produced by your video card is lower than your monitor's refresh rate, it slows down your monitor's refresh rate to match the FPS.

So if you buy a 144Hz monitor but insist on playing on ultra settings at 1080p, you're not likely to get it with a 1070 or Vega 56. Maybe with older games like Battlefield 4 you can, but if you absolutely refuse to budge on your graphics settings, then you're going to benefit from G-Sync or FreeSync, but that makes me wonder why you're buying a 144Hz monitor at all.

1 minute ago, ZenMonkey said:

G-Sync and FreeSync work the same way - if the FPS produced by your video card is lower than your monitor's refresh rate, it slows down your monitor's refresh rate to match the FPS.

So if you buy a 144Hz monitor but insist on playing on ultra settings at 1080p, you're not likely to get it with a 1070 or Vega 56. Maybe with older games like Battlefield 4 you can, but if you absolutely refuse to budge on your graphics settings, then you're going to benefit from G-Sync or FreeSync, but that makes me wonder why you're buying a 144Hz monitor at all.

I'm buying a 144hz monitor for the sake of smoothness and to not make my eyes get tired I guess

@ZenMonkey  even if I can't play at ultra settings but cap my fps at a point under or the same as refresh rate  with turning down my graphics I can achieve smooth gameplay and playing at 60 or 400 for me I can't tell the difference

Monitors come in 60, 75, 100, and 120Hz variants as well. If you're buying a 144Hz monitor for smoothness, but plan to run it at 60-70Hz with G/Freesync, you're not getting any benefit over having a 60 or 75Hz monitor. It's like buying a sports car and putting a restrictor plate on it so that it never goes over 65mph.

6 minutes ago, ZenMonkey said:

Monitors come in 60, 75, 100, and 120Hz variants as well. If you're buying a 144Hz monitor for smoothness, but plan to run it at 60-70Hz with G/Freesync, you're not getting any benefit over having a 60 or 75Hz monitor. It's like buying a sports car and putting a restrictor plate on it so that it never goes over 65mph.

Newest monitor goes up to 240 hertz, There's a clear difference in hertz, as you can take in over a million frames per second with your eyes but you can only register half of them, The question is "Do you actually see the frames" Yes, but your mind makes up for them the missing frames, If you play on a high hertz monitor and let your brain adjust and go back on a 75 hertz you will feel like it's slowed down, 

23 minutes ago, DustHaze said:

I'm buying a 144hz monitor for the sake of smoothness and to not make my eyes get tired I guess

Anyways, Most new monitors should handle stuff like that with new gpu's, 
The question is which gpu is better and which "software", It's green vs red team, Even though "Freesync" is open sourced and can be implanted in most games, Vsync comes with Nvidia's game workshop and has a better implation, Freescync is still in the early stages, Now about GPU's, GTX 1080 TI gives more frames per second, But gets hotter, If you cool it down it should be as smooth as vegas GPU, SLI will give you less smoothness with some games,
For AMD card I dunno I've not done enough research into it but I saw a video that claimed Vega was giving smoother frame rates, Although I would prefer the Nvidia just because the overall processing power, 

26 minutes ago, ZenMonkey said:

but this is the thing with new gpu's they will give lots frame per second and if its under 144hz but still close to that it will make a big deference when it come to smoothness between frames and refresh rate and it will make them dance together in a Harmonie. so if I got 100-144 fps its more useful to have freesync and I don't have money for g-sync so its either freesync or nothing

4 minutes ago, (嗜杀本性)狼队 女 梅 said:

Newest monitor goes up to 240 hertz, There's a clear difference in hertz, as you can take in over a million frames per second with your eyes but you can only register half of them, The question is "Do you actually see the frames" Yes, but your mind makes up for them the missing frames, If you play on a high hertz monitor and let your brain adjust and go back on a 75 hertz you will feel like it's slowed down, 

My understanding is that OP wants to run games only in Ultra (or whatever their highest) setting, and seems really keen on a Vega 56 + FreeSync since G-Sync comes with a steep premium.

On Ultra settings 1080p in modern games, the Vega 56 is will probably be around 80-100 FPS. With FreeSync tech, that means he'll never see that 144Hz refresh rate.

30 minutes ago, DustHaze said:

but this is the thing with new gpu's they will give lots frame per second and if its under 144hz but still close to that it will make a big deference when it come to smoothness between frames and refresh rate and it will make them dance together in a Harmonie. so if I got 100-144 fps its more useful to have freesync and I don't have money for g-sync so its either freesync or nothing

Maybe I'm not being clear. Let me try another way.

Yes, if you buy a 144Hz monitor, you will get use out of FreeSync tech because you're not going to see 144fps with Ultra settings on a Vega 56. However, if you plan to run every game at the highest setting, and therefore never see 144Hz, there's no reason to buy a 144Hz monitor.

This thread has me scratching my head. There is enough money for a new graphics card and a monitor on top, but G-Sync is too expensive?

Also, my watercooled rig has been running for three years and I've invested as much time driving a Rolls Royce as I've invested maintaining it. Nada.

1 hour ago, DustHaze said:

The new Vega isn't better performing than the GTX 1080 TI sadly, 

The TI is on the right, 66 frames against the vega 45 frames,
Even on Vulkan. 

1 hour ago, ZenMonkey said:

Maybe I'm not being clear. Let me try another way.

Yes, if you buy a 144Hz monitor, you will get use out of FreeSync tech because you're not going to see 144fps with Ultra settings on a Vega 56. However, if you plan to run every game at the highest setting, and therefore never see 144Hz, there's no reason to buy a 144Hz monitor.

Ok sorry if I made it too long for you, I might turn things down if I have to not a big deal

1 hour ago, (嗜杀本性)狼队 女 梅 said:

The new Vega isn't better performing than the GTX 1080 TI sadly, 

The TI is on the right, 66 frames against the vega 45 frames,
Even on Vulkan. 

as I saw in the videos the 1080 is only couple frames more not to big of a deference

4 minutes ago, DustHaze said:

as I saw in the videos the 1080 is only couple frames more not to big of a deference

Yea.. But the TI is around 700, and the amd one.. is 700.. TI is better and better pricing per performance..
1080 is around the vega but cheaper.. but the TI is better.

1 hour ago, Marco2G said:

This thread has me scratching my head. There is enough money for a new graphics card and a monitor on top, but G-Sync is too expensive?

Also, my watercooled rig has been running for three years and I've invested as much time driving a Rolls Royce as I've invested maintaining it. Nada.

yes the G-sync is expensive fancy pants, its like 150 euros more just for the dammn monitor, I have a budget for 500 euros graphics card and 270 euros 144hz monitor but I won't pay 420+ for G-sync and I'm on a tight budget most people are so if lots of people might get something useful out of this thread some people have lots of expernices sharing their thoughts about this situation

1 minute ago, (嗜杀本性)狼队 女 梅 said:

Yea.. But the TI is around 700, and the amd one.. is 700.. TI is better and better pricing..
1080 is around the vega but cheaper.. but the TI is better.

I only want to hear one clear answer because man I got headache from all of this, here me out vega 56 + freesync or gtx 1080 + nothing or gtx 1070 + nothing but its still the cheapest its something to consider but not necessarily.

28 minutes ago, DustHaze said:

Those videos compare the Vega FE, which is a $999 card, to a $499 GTX1080, and their performance is pretty even. The Vega 56 is much less capable than the Frontier Edition.

Also, FYI, these videos compare 4k performance, not 1080p performance.

32 minutes ago, DustHaze said:

@(嗜杀本性)狼队 女 梅

I already gave my situation, I want to do it on 144hz I don't care that much about graphics but smoothness and no problems

Well easily put, Freesync works with Nvidia and AMD, And V-sync/G-Sync only works with Nvidia, 
If you want "smoothness" Go with a 144 ms1 monitor, If you have Nvidia video cards or can afford them with the monitor go with the Nividia GTX 1080 TI or GTX 1080, Vega 56 priced at (?) unknown prices to me) and the 64  is only 30$ cheaper then the GTX 1080 TI but perform worse. 
(Cheapest GTX 1080 TI I can find € 739) (70+ frames at 4k)
(Cheapest AMD VEGA 64 I can find  €703,95) (50+ frames at 4k)

(Cheapest GTX 1080 I can find € 531,-  ) (50+ frames at 4k)

But Freesync works with AMD/NVIDIA, and 1 ms monitors are the "Smoothness" in response, 
"Stuttering" is caused by lack of frames being generated and not the monitor's fault, Although the lower the monitors refresh rate is less smooth with fast movement,

(Vsync or Freesync shouldn't really matter, Just freesync works with both, And you can stay on budget if you want)

I dunno the pricing of Vega 56 nor can I find them priced yet.

1 hour ago, (嗜杀本性)狼队 女 梅 said:

Well easily put, Freesync works with Nvidia and AMD, And V-sync/G-Sync only works with Nvidia, 
If you want "smoothness" Go with a 144 ms1 monitor, If you have Nvidia video cards or can afford them with the monitor go with the Nividia GTX 1080 TI or GTX 1080, Vega 56 priced at (?) unknown prices to me) and the 64  is only 30$ cheaper then the GTX 1080 TI but perform worse. 
(Cheapest GTX 1080 TI I can find € 739) (70+ frames at 4k)
(Cheapest AMD VEGA 64 I can find  €703,95) (50+ frames at 4k)

(Cheapest GTX 1080 I can find € 531,-  ) (50+ frames at 4k)

But Freesync works with AMD/NVIDIA, and 1 ms monitors are the "Smoothness" in response, 
"Stuttering" is caused by lack of frames being generated and not the monitor's fault, Although the lower the monitors refresh rate is less smooth with fast movement,

(Vsync or Freesync shouldn't really matter, Just freesync works with both, And you can stay on budget if you want)

I dunno the pricing of Vega 56 nor can I find them priced yet.

Freesync doesn't work with Nvidia its impossible those are two different technologies

1 hour ago, ZenMonkey said:

Those videos compare the Vega FE, which is a $999 card, to a $499 GTX1080, and their performance is pretty even. The Vega 56 is much less capable than the Frontier Edition.

Also, FYI, these videos compare 4k performance, not 1080p performance.

yes I know I didn't notice it was the Vega FE and I thought it was the 56 I reacted too fast I guess sorry

6 hours ago, DustHaze said:

Freesync doesn't work with Nvidia its impossible those are two different technologies

My bad from what I was told FreeSync did work with nvidia and caps your fps if you turned on vsync, I guess I was wrong, 

On 8/25/2017 at 8:12 PM, DustHaze said:

yes I know I didn't notice it was the Vega FE and I thought it was the 56 I reacted too fast I guess sorry

No need to apologize. We're here to help. We want to help you get the most for your money. :)