Linux boot not working

Hey everyone,

A few weeks ago, i partitioned my drive to allow both Windows 10 and Ubuntu to be installed (And a partition for photos)

However, yesterday i tried to remove Ubuntu to put more space into the windows 10 partition; this was through the windows partition tool.

Now it won't boot to windows at all, instead it says:

error: no such partition.

Entering rescue mode...

grub rescue) _

I don't know what any of this means! I just want to keep my windows 10 and photo partition to be kept safe and be rid of Ubuntu....

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks! :)

Sounds like you installed GRUB over BootMGR.

Before we continue is the system booting in legacy mode or UEFI mode? If you bring up the boot menu can you choose Windows Boot Manager as an option?

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

4 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

Sounds like you installed GRUB over BootMGR.

Before we continue is the system booting in legacy mode or UEFI mode? If you bring up the boot menu can you choose Windows Boot Manager as an option?

Hey, thanks for the help!

Unfortunately, the only options listed are USB, HDD/SSD, CD/DVD, FDD and LAN

Get a windows repair dvd/usb (usually the windows installer dvd/usb contains it) and run the repair guide. It should repair your bootloader.

PC: Case: Cooler Master CM690 II - PSU: Cooler Master G650M - RAM: Transcend 4x 8Gb DDR3 1333Mhz - MoBo: Gigabyte Z87x-D3H - CPU: i5 4670K @ 4.5Ghz - GPU: MSI GTX1060 ARMOR OC - Hard disks: 4x 500Gb Seagate enterprise in RAID 0 - SSD: Crucial M4 128Gb

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S6

19 minutes ago, LUUD18 said:

Get a windows repair dvd/usb (usually the windows installer dvd/usb contains it) and run the repair guide. It should repair your bootloader.

I attempted to run the startup repair tool, but it says that it couldn't repair my PC.... :(

I can get up the command prompt, is there a way that i can use this to repair my bootloader?

42 minutes ago, Pythons said:

I attempted to run the startup repair tool, but it says that it couldn't repair my PC.... :(

I can get up the command prompt, is there a way that i can use this to repair my bootloader?

the ways to fix this have already been opinted out by others, but as a thought, you may still be able to boot into windows from your boot select screen by skipping over the bootloader

Home PC:

CPU: i7 4790s ~ Motherboard: Asus B85M-E ~ RAM: 32GB Ballistix Sport DDR3 1666 ~ GPU: Sapphire R9 390 Nitro ~ Case: Corsair Carbide Spec-03 ~ Storage: Kingston Predator 240GB   PCIE M.2 Boot, 2TB HDD, 3x 480GB SATA SSD's in RAID 0 ~ PSU:    Corsair CX600
Display(s): Asus PB287Q , Generic Samsung 1080p 22" ~ Cooling: Arctic T3 Air Cooler, All case fans replaced with Noctua NF-B9 Redux's ~ Keyboard: Logitech G810 Orion ~ Mouse: Cheap Microsoft Wired (i like it) ~ Sound: Radial Pro USB DAC into 250w Powered Speakers ~ Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise x64

Work PC:

CPU: Intel Xeon E3 1275 v3 ~ Motherboard: Asrock E3C226D2I ~ RAM: 16GB DDR3 ~ GPU: GTX 460 ~ Case: Silverstone SG05 ~ Storage: 512GB SATA SSD ~ Displays: 3x1080p 24" mix and matched Dell monitors plus a 10" 1080p lilliput monitor above ~ Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise x64

Hello,
I found that if booted with the windows installation disk, you can load up command prompt and use the following commands:

bootrec /fixmbr

bootrec /fixboot

bootrec /RebuildBcd

It fixes the 'Master Boot Record', and allows me to boot to windows now!

Thanks for the help and thoughts everyone!! xD:D