F@H Client Fail

I recently got the Windows 10 Creator update and it has caused F@H to stop working. The system will open a Chrome page over and over until it fails. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling F@H twice. Any Ideas? 

I've had an issue with F@H stop working after any major windows update :( only fix I've found is to completely reinstall Windows 

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

@Andster29 Re-install the .CLL files needed for the F@H to work. Easily done by reinstalling your Graphics Drivers.

That is it.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

4 hours ago, Andster29 said:

I recently got the Windows 10 Creator update and it has caused F@H to stop working. The system will open a Chrome page over and over until it fails. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling F@H twice. Any Ideas? 

The problem is that the Nvidia/AMD driver which Microsoft downloads is not identical with the driver you can download from the manufacturer website. I had the same issue and the problem is that Microsoft removes the I believe it was "open cl" support in its AMD/Nvidia driver but F@H needs that to run.

Just delete your Nvidia/AMD driver and download them directly from the manufacturer.

@themctipers

I think that was your problem too