Ordering WC Parts

BigB72

I have been working overtime for the past month so I can buy a new gpu and start watercooling; however, I cannot buy all of the parts for the loop all at once. Would it be alright to sspit the orders I.E. Buy the fitting, tubing, and rad first, then the pump, waterblock and res last?

yes that will be fine just wouldnt do it with the actual components of the pc and u wont be able to use it until u have all the parts but im pretty sure u already know that lol just making sure.

yes that will be fine just wouldnt do it with the actual components of the pc and u wont be able to use it until u have all the parts but im pretty sure u already know that lol just making sure.

Lol yeah know that just was thinking that I wont know if the pump is bad or if the res has a leak until I have all the parts.

Lol yeah know that just was thinking that I wont know if the pump is bad or if the res has a leak until I have all the parts.

yea but theres a pretty slim chance either of those things will happen especially if u get a swiftech d5 pump i think it is the one linus loves there really good.

yea but theres a pretty slim chance either of those things will happen especially if u get a swiftech d5 pump i think it is the one linus loves there really good.

That was my plan, and I will list what I plan to get when I am not on my phone for some input

This is What i have so far, but i would like some recommendations for the rad i would like it to be a 360 or 240 so it can fit in the top of the Switch 810. Also, should i get the normal swiftech pump without the tapped threads? and should i get some other fittings just in case?

1470347_620337534690273_93441152_n.jpg

Especially when you are a bit short on money I wouldn´t buy only compression fittings. I´d only buy 2 for the CPU to make it look nice.

Go to Home Depot and buy some hose clamps, you´ll get 10 for like 7 bucks.

I´ve got the Swiftech with the tapped threads... it´s nice to have but not a necessity. And you can save even more on the pump if you do not buy the variable one.

Radiator wise it strongly depends what you are going to do.If you just want to WC your CPU buy a all-in-one water cooling like Corsair H100i (or comparable brands). If you want to include the GPU later, so you´ll need a bit more than a 240mm or 360mm rad anyway. But for beginning I´d go with a 240mm (good enough for the CPU and you only need 2 fans).

Intel i7 7820X (delidded) @ 4.9GHz - MSI X299 M7 ACK + EKWB Fullcover Block - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @ 3466MHz - nVidia Titan Xp + EKWB Fullcover Block @ 2.1GHz - Samsung 960Pro 2x - WDD Blue 2TB - Seasonic 750W Platinum - modded Corsair 600C - Hardtubed Custom Watercooling

Especially when you are a bit short on money I wouldn´t buy only compression fittings. I´d only buy 2 for the CPU to make it look nice.

Go to Home Depot and buy some hose clamps, you´ll get 10 for like 7 bucks.

I´ve got the Swiftech with the tapped threads... it´s nice to have but not a necessity. And you can save even more on the pump if you do not buy the variable one.

Radiator wise it strongly depends what you are going to do.If you just want to WC your CPU buy a all-in-one water cooling like Corsair H100i (or comparable brands). If you want to include the GPU later, so you´ll need a bit more than a 240mm or 360mm rad anyway. But for beginning I´d go with a 240mm (good enough for the CPU and you only need 2 fans).

I am not short on money, I could buy all of it right now, I just like to split what I buy between paychecks. But what brand of radiators and thickness?

For my GPU loop I´ve got the EK360 XT radiator, I like the thickness and as fans I use Noiseblocker eLoop B12-4.

And if you´ve got the bucks, then get the Swiftech MCP655 with the tapped threads. That´s so sexy :) .

Intel i7 7820X (delidded) @ 4.9GHz - MSI X299 M7 ACK + EKWB Fullcover Block - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @ 3466MHz - nVidia Titan Xp + EKWB Fullcover Block @ 2.1GHz - Samsung 960Pro 2x - WDD Blue 2TB - Seasonic 750W Platinum - modded Corsair 600C - Hardtubed Custom Watercooling

Another question, what is the best tube and fitting size?