Opinons on these speakers.

X1XNobleX1X

3K for speakers and probably $1000 for AV receiver to drive them 

K, give me a bit. Considered PA speakers? 

K, give me a bit. Considered PA speakers? 

Nope. Rather not. 

Also speaker cable, not really sure how much of a difference it does to change the quality. 

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

I suggest two Q700's, a Q200c's, and a Q400. 
An Onkyo TX-NR727 should be over kill.

Haha, guess any good cable will work. 

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

Haha, guess any good cable will work. 

20 quid just as good as 1000 when it comes to cables. 

they look really nice to me :)

if the cones are made from woven kevlar. they should be pretty good.. maby they can also be used as bullet proof barrier. :) other than that I dont know much about them but if they're good in the reviews then they're good.    

another thing to consider is the size of your room. These speakers have two 6 and a 1/2" drivers. Those can get can probably get pretty loud so they might not sound great in a room thats too small.

and... Id invest in a nice amp for those. you could power them with an av reciever but from what I understand the dedicated amp/preamp give much better sound. Ive found emotiva's stuff to do prety well in reviews and its not priced for the super rich.

and.. you may want to check ebay or other places you may find a better deal on those floorstanders if thats what you end up buying. also expensive cables are a waste of money.  you can just use a regular roll of cheap oxygen free cooper cable.. or whatever that stuff is called? rca cables dont need to be super expensive either!  

goodluck with that :) 

I suggest two Q700's, a Q200c's, and a Q400. 

An Onkyo TX-NR727 should be over kill.

What about surround speakers?

What about surround speakers?

Its the q700, there would be four of them...

I'd go for a Dali Lektor system with one of Denon's AVR-X3xxx/X4xxx receivers. Listened to such a combo in a local HiFiKlubben shop and it is pretty good. The speakers are similarly priced as the B&W speakers you were looking at. Danish speakers are best speakers! :D