7950 or 670

Matthew

Ive been looking for months at which gpu to put in my system, and i'be narrowed it down to 3, 7950, 660ti, 670. Is there a huge difference between the 660ti and 670? I dont really want to buy a card just because it has better free games!

Current Rig : Corsair 330r, ASRock Z77 Extreme6, 3570K, 8gb Crucial Balistix, KFA2 GTX680 White, Corsair AX750, Xonar Essence STX, Beyerdynamic DT770

What would you be doing with it? Gaming, rendering, etc.?

A 7950 is not in the same league as the 670 due to it's price difference.

how can you put an expensive card such as the 7960 in the same field as the 'cheaper' 670 - take another angle...

what are you doing with it, gaming or video editing..?

Can't comment on the 7970, but I have a 670 with a slight OC and it handles everything.

I recommend a 7970 or 7950. Both come with 3 free games(incredible value). Also if you plan on running multiple screens, the extra gigabyte of RAM will really help the 79xx pull ahead of a 670. 79xx cards also overclock well too.

The 7970 is the same price as the 670, comes with 3 games, and outperforms the 680 in a few games. It's a no brainer, get the 7970 and you wouldn't be happier. I own one myself. I got mine for $399 it was a STEAL!

7950 or 7970. The 670 is way too expensive compared to the AMD cards, and even the huge price gap with the 660Ti can't be justified in my opinion.

7970 if you can afford it. If not, I'd go with a 7950. In fact, I did :D

I'm not saying the 670 is not a good card, it should be a little bit cheaper though.

Per aspera sic itur ad astra.

Like everyone above i think the 7970 is the way to go, in most games it is faster than the 680 with the newest drivers.

|i5 3570k @4.4Ghz | Asus Maximus V Gene | 8gb Corsair XMS3 | 2 x MSI HD7970 OC @ 1175mhz | 512gb Crucial M4 | Corsair AX750 | Fractal Design Define Mini | Dell P2416D 

Go for a 7970 if you can afford it, if not get a 7950 and overclock it (both 7950 and 7970 overclock like a dream just do it!) and they will out perform the 680 or match it almost for less money, although if you need to connect using dual 6 pin connectors then get the 7950 and overclock, if money is no object then an OC 680 is the way to go

The 670 is just simply too expensive for the amount of performance it brings to the table. Go with a 7950 or a 7970 is you're watching your wallet.

Thanks guys, i think i'm gonna go with the 7970, as yes it is just for gaming. It seems like the one which'll please my wallet and my gaming needs!

Current Rig : Corsair 330r, ASRock Z77 Extreme6, 3570K, 8gb Crucial Balistix, KFA2 GTX680 White, Corsair AX750, Xonar Essence STX, Beyerdynamic DT770

Get a 7950 with the never settle action. you'll get 5 games with it with the worth estemated at about 150 dollars.

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect. But actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff."

Dont understimate my skillsz, you might look foolish.

Have you seen the review from TTL on the 7950 royal club 3d edition? google that and watch the video and watch the results. They are outstanding! with a few minutes work.

Gaming RIG (being updated soon when i get monneys :P)

[HAF X] [ASUS M5A97 PRO] [AMD FX-8150] [NVIDIA 560TIx2] [OCZ vertex 4 128GB SSD] [3x2tb HDD] [OCZ 700W PSU]

Have you seen the review from TTL on the 7950 royal club 3d edition? google that and watch the video and watch the results. They are outstanding! with a few minutes work.
I think Tom Logan just got lucky with that card as in won the "silicone lottery" .

The 7970 is good. If you want to save some money, though, go for the 7950. The iceQ cooler is pretty good on the 7950.

I have heard other cards from club3d like that one do the same.

club3d is a bit underrated, but i dont like the looks of them. they also say that they cherrypick every gpu.

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect. But actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff."

Dont understimate my skillsz, you might look foolish.

Why not chuck in the 7970 along with the choices, as it costs the same as the 670 and outperforms all of the above mentioned cards.
Simple Ownage.

go for a 660ti, 670, or a 7970. no 7950, due to a 20-30$ difference to a 7970 but a 7970 kicks it's ass

Just throwing this out there 7950 is at a great price point right now and you can overclock the shit out of them, mine is currently 1100 mhz core and 1400 mem. And i could go further just don't see the need to!

7970 for sure.

Install the 12.11 drivers, overclock the snot out of the 7970 and you can get a better perf. than a 680.

Best wishes

- cheti