Windows 7 Boot Disc, CheckList

after a year of torturing myself through win 32 and the i3 gigs of RAM it allows I think its time for an upgrade to 64 (mainly cause I have 12 gigs that I can't use) but I don't know what I'm going to need on my boot disc in order to make it work. I will post pictures of the file contents. 

Do you mean what programs you should have on a disk ready to be installed after installing Windows 7?

Motherboard (chipset, network, sound) and graphics drivers should get you going. From there, you can get online to download anything else you need.

If you want to make the post-installation setup a little more efficient, you could have ready the installer for whatever web browser you use, Steam or whatever game client, music player, video player, etc.

But make sure to backup anything you want to keep: documents, movies, music, pictures, games, save files...

If you mean what should you use to install Windows 7, just make sure you have the correct edition for your license key, and get an ISO from Microsoft or from here: http://mirror.corenoc.de/digitalrivercontent.net/

And burn it to a DVD. If you want to make a bootable USB drive with Windows 7 on it, Microsoft can prepare one using their media creation tool.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

Important things:

• Backup everything you want to save. External drives preferred. Or if you have space, you can let Windows installer save them in Windows.old.
  • Have a spare USB with all drivers and software installers you might need from beginning. Much easier that way.
  • Make sure your key is somewhere close. You don't need to enter it during installation. But also make sure you have it before starting install process. You don't get it out afterwards.
  • Same installer disk should work for both versions. Key works, but I'm actually not 100% sure about disc.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv