I need help

Hi, I'm new here so sorry if I've posted in the wrong place!

I built a new PC a month ago, but with a Corsair H45 water cooler (which I now regret) - even though it does a reasonably good job of cooling my i7 7700K I would never trust it to OC, and my main issue is that the whining noise it creates is awful.

I'm looking to replace the water cooler, but it must be a single radiator system as it will not fit otherwise. I dont have a particular budget as I would spend anything to get rid of this awful noise.

(and yes I have contacted Corsair and they say that the noise is normal.)

Thank you!

3 minutes ago, mjp123 said:

Hi, I'm new here so sorry if I've posted in the wrong place!

I built a new PC a month ago, but with a Corsair H45 water cooler (which I now regret) - even though it does a reasonably good job of cooling my i7 7700K I would never trust it to OC, and my main issue is that the whining noise it creates is awful.

I'm looking to replace the water cooler, but it must be a single radiator system as it will not fit otherwise. I dont have a particular budget as I would spend anything to get rid of this awful noise.

(and yes I have contacted Corsair and they say that the noise is normal.)

Thank you!

I know you said that its physically impossible, but if you can try and maybe fit a 240mm rad in there by maybe moving some fans around or even a different case altogether which I can appreciate is more time and money but trust me to cool a $300 CPU down is worth it. If all else fails, I have had a good experience with the kraken x62 by NZXT so I would imagine the x42 would be pretty good aswell. While the software is pretty bad, its worth slugging through to get the proper cooling settings.

Hope this helped.

try looking on Youtube on how to fix the problem, since they know about it its probably a common issue so other people must of come up with a fix 

1 minute ago, Cjhalgmad said:

I know you said that its physically impossible, but if you can try and maybe fit a 240mm rad in there by maybe moving some fans around or even a different case altogether which I can appreciate is more time and money but trust me to cool a $300 CPU down is worth it. If all else fails, I have had a good experience with the kraken x62 by NZXT so I would imagine the x42 would be pretty good aswell. While the software is pretty bad, its worth slugging through to get the proper cooling settings.

Hope this helped.

Ideally I would not want to move anything around or get a new case, I spent hours doing cable management haha! Thanks for the recommendation of the X42, I'll definitely look into that- and I don't mind poor software, I have a Gigabyte Motherboard so I'm used to it!

Thanks

2 minutes ago, TheCODclown25 said:

try looking on Youtube on how to fix the problem, since they know about it its probably a common issue so other people must of come up with a fix 

Unfortunately nothing on YouTube has worked, it is suggested that it is a voltage issue but I cannot seem to remedy it.

Just now, mjp123 said:

Unfortunately nothing on YouTube has worked, it is suggested that it is a voltage issue but I cannot seem to remedy it.

ok then, then soz i cant help with that

2 minutes ago, mjp123 said:

Ideally I would not want to move anything around or get a new case, I spent hours doing cable management haha! Thanks for the recommendation of the X42, I'll definitely look into that- and I don't mind poor software, I have a Gigabyte Motherboard so I'm used to it!

Thanks

You're welcome, i've heard good things about the corsair h80 as well in case you want to give corsair another shot. Out of sheer interest what case do you have?

Just now, Cjhalgmad said:

Your welcome, iv'e heard good things about the corsair h80 as well in case you want to give corsair another shot. Out of sheer interest what case do you have?

I have a Corsair Spec ALPHA in white, the cooler was part of an offer on Amazon- and I was stupid enough to fall for it. The case is great, however.

1 minute ago, jools said:

noise = fans

It's the pump, ive even manually stopped the fan and i can assure you the noise still continues.

7 hours ago, mjp123 said:

It's the pump, ive even manually stopped the fan and i can assure you the noise still continues.

Custom loop with a decent 120 mm radiator? Otherwise I think all 120 mm AIOs are kind of crappy.

see if  you can get a new pump or go air cooling. a good air cooling block is comparable to a 120mm water,maybe just better.