Special case for Watercooling?

Go to solution Solved by Introoke,

Thermaltake' The Tower 900 was practically designed for custom water cooling. There's loads of room for you to work with and you can fit up to two 560mm radiators!

There's also enough room to run dual water cooling loops if you want a seperate loop for GPU and CPU.

However the case is definitely heavy and massive so it's not for everybody.

I recommend getting caster wheels so you can move it around if it's not on a desk or table.

Laptop: MacBook Pro 13" (Early 2015) || Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus x299 Gaming 9 || CPU: Intel i7-7820x (38% OC- 5.00 GHz) || RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB 8GB @ 3466 MHz (x4)- DDR4  || GPU: MSI  Geforce GTX 1080 Ti Lightning X || Storage: Samsung 960 EVO NVME SSD 500GB || OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro || Chassis: Thermaltake The Tower 900 || Cooling Solution: Custom open loop water cooling system with a 560mm radiator and a CPU water water-block || Display: ROG Swift PG279Q || Pointing Device: Razer Mamba (2016) || Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Chroma V2 || Headset: Astro A50 Wireless ||

On 8/17/2017 at 0:23 PM, Morgoth97 said:

Thermaltake' The Tower 900 was practically designed for custom water cooling. There's loads of room for you to work with and you can fit up to two 560mm radiators!

There's also enough room to run dual water cooling loops if you want a seperate loop for GPU and CPU.

However the case is definitely heavy and massive so it's not for everybody.

I recommend getting caster wheels so you can move it around if it's not on a desk or table.

Thats too pricy! close to 300€ for a case is way to much. I thought of maybe max 100€ inclusive sone pre installed fans or so. max 70€ without fans..

On 8/17/2017 at 9:46 AM, xHadrian said:

Cases from CaseLabs, Fractal Design. They're usually optimized really well for watercooling.

I dont want to spend 200€ for a case without fans.

:ph34r: Visit me on YouTube: http://bit.ly/2wsobPu :ph34r:

21 hours ago, Introoke said:

Just keep in mind if you mount a reservoir and pump combo unit to the front with a radiator and fans, it will be hard to mount the GPU. I personnally had to move the GPU down a slot because the combo took up too much room.

Watercooling Pro & Keyboard Enthusiast!

Concept Slate from Corsair

:)

CPU: 7700k @5ghz

GPU: ASUS Strix 1080ti

Mobo: ASUS Z270-AR Prime

Ram: Trident Z RGB 32gb 3200mhz

Boot Drive: Intel 600p m.2 SSD w/ 8tb Toshiba Drive

Cooler: Fractal Design Kelvin S36

Case: Fractal Design Define R6

PSU: Corsair RM850i 80+ Platinum

Monitor: Main Acer Predator X34 supported by ASUS VG248QE

Keyboard/Mouse/Headset: Corsair K70 Lux (MX Brown), M65 Pro RGB, Void RGB 7.1 (USB)

I agree with the P400 choice. If you can get away with a single 480 radiator (which you should be able to unless you want to run something crazy like Threadripper 1950x) I am partial to the thermaltake core P5 particularly the one with an extra front side glass panel:

Image result for thermaltake core p5

Happy hunting

-------

Current Rig

-------