How do I setup Corsair LED strips?

Xdrone
Go to solution Solved by Hiitchy,

You should be able to plug the LED strips directly into the commander and have access to the colors through the Corsair LINK program.

I have a corsair commander pro, but when I buy some of corsair's rgb led strips, do I need the lighting node or can I plug the strips straight into the commander.

LED strips > Lighting Node Pro > The LED port on the commander/USB 2.0 port on the commander

Or

LED strips > The LED port on the commander

Will I need to buy the node in order to have LED strips?

You should be able to plug the LED strips directly into the commander and have access to the colors through the Corsair LINK program.

"The only thing that matters right now is that you're here, and you're safe."

One thing to keep an eye out for with corsair Link is that only the first strip/fan is lit up by default. There’s a little plus button next to each channel, and you need to click that as many times as you have strips/ fans. I didn’t find this very intuitive so I though I was having firmware issues. Turns out I just needed to click Plus about 8 times. 

CPU - 1700X 3.7gHz | CPU Cooler - EK and Singularity Custom Loop | Motherboard -  Asus X370 Crosshair VI w/ EK Monoblock | RAM - Corsair Vengeance RGB (4x8GB) 3000Mhz w/ Silver Paint| Graphics Card - Asus GTX 1080ti Strix OC w/ EK Fullcover block with custom vertical mount | Power Supply - Corsair HX750i w/ self made Custom Cables and 3D printed Combs | Storage - 3x 3TB, 2TB HDD | Samsung 960 EVO 500GB NVME SSD, 500GB OCZ SSD | Case - Lian Li PC-09 Custom paint | Colour Theme - Silver & Black & RGB lights

Operating System - Windows 10 Pro | Peripherals - Corsair RGB Mechanical K70 Keyboard/Logitech MX Master 2S Mouse/Wacom Intuos Pro5 Med