Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Headphone Jack adapter

Daniel0898

Hello! I just bought this: https://www.showmecables.com/stereo-3-5mm-male-to-right-angle-3-5mm-female-adapter      So that I could constantly leave that plugged into the side of my laptop. When I plug it in however, it registers as a device, which I didn't think it would..I can have it be a mic in, line in, Dell device (AY410-AE215) Headphones/headset, or a speaker. 

I just want to be able to have audio come through the speakers when the adapter is plugged in and when I plug my headphones into the adapter I want the sound in my headphones.... 

If anyone could help me that would be great, thanks in advance! 

it registers as a output device because it is plugged into your laptop. it does because if it didn't, the headphone jack would be completely useless (or just annoying to enable) 

you can disable headphone out in settings, then enable it when you need to, or you can just unplug it.

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Why do you need an extender like that?

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Xeon X5650 OC'd to 4.2GHz @ 1.35V (courtesy of @XR6)Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth X58 RAM: 6x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws X GPU: Asus RX 570 Strix Storage: 512GB Samsung 850 Pro and 1TB WD Blue PSU: EVGA 600B Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: H100i V2, be quiet! Pure Wings 2 (two intake, two exhausting through radiator) Monitor: 3x Dell P2210 on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: It changes, but usually Focus FK-9000 Mousepad: Steelseries QcK XL Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and MEE M6 Pro

"If you don't measure things, it's not engineering; it's art." - Jack Ganssle

🏳️‍🌈

1 minute ago, kelvinhall05 said:

because 1 meter of cable is too short and 2 is still too short. :( i need one too..

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Just now, kelvinhall05 said:

It's a bit of a story but basically I ordered a Dell XPS 13 for college and it came with the audio jack broken. Not a big deal so I call up dell and they send a guy out to my house to fix it. He does his thing and takes care of the issue but he told me that these jacks are really only rated for about 200 or so plug ins. So he suggested I get an extender, and I completely agreed. So I got one for 2$ and here I am... 

no way to do it.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

1 minute ago, themctipers said:

because 1 meter of cable is too short and 2 is still too short. :( i need one too..

not too short in my case, too long. I needed a stub to constantly have in my laptop

Just now, spwath said:

no way to do it.

well yes I could just manually switch back through the control panel but I was trying to avoid that

Just now, Daniel0898 said:

well yes I could just manually switch back through the control panel but I was trying to avoid that

yeah, no way to do it without manually doing it. Why the 90 degree adapter? Why not just plug headphones directly in?

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

1 minute ago, spwath said:

yeah, no way to do it without manually doing it. Why the 90 degree adapter? Why not just plug headphones directly in?

If you scroll up a bit I gave the other guy the explanation, too long for me to type it out agian

8 hours ago, spwath said:

Copy/paste or self quote.  It exists. :P 

8 hours ago, Daniel0898 said:

If you scroll up a bit I gave the other guy the explanation, too long for me to type it out agian

8 hours ago, Daniel0898 said:

It's a bit of a story but basically I ordered a Dell XPS 13 for college and it came with the audio jack broken. Not a big deal so I call up dell and they send a guy out to my house to fix it. He does his thing and takes care of the issue but he told me that these jacks are really only rated for about 200 or so plug ins. So he suggested I get an extender, and I completely agreed. So I got one for 2$ and here I am... 

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

I am a StarCitizen are you? My ships: Aegis Eclipse, Aegis Sabre, Aegis Gladius, Aopoa Nox, KI P52 Merlin, KI P72 Archimedes and the RSI Constellation Aquila.

My phones are a Samsung Note 20 and a Samsung S9+

🇺🇸   About Myself:  SANSVARNIC  🇺🇸

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

46 minutes ago, SansVarnic said:

Copy/paste or self quote.  It exists. :P 

So do arrow keys 

38 minutes ago, Daniel0898 said:

So do arrow keys 

:P

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

I am a StarCitizen are you? My ships: Aegis Eclipse, Aegis Sabre, Aegis Gladius, Aopoa Nox, KI P52 Merlin, KI P72 Archimedes and the RSI Constellation Aquila.

My phones are a Samsung Note 20 and a Samsung S9+

🇺🇸   About Myself:  SANSVARNIC  🇺🇸

CHRISTIAN MEMBER