Sennheiser G4ME ZERO surround sound adapter?

Go to solution Solved by Tsuki,
1 minute ago, JerrBear said:

I'm not familiar with audio, but I found this here: http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardware-canucks-reviews/68176-asus-rampage-v-extreme-x99-motherboard-review-15.html

I have the Asus Rampage V Extreme X99. I see it's onboard sound is listed as "very good", but I don't know what to compare it to/interpret that.

One thing to clarify: So that adapter doesn't somehow give the headset high-quality surround sound? My HyperX Cloud 2 has some button on the adapter for 7.1 virtual surround. Is that a part of the GAME ZEROs?

the virtual surround is a software based solution, so that adapter isnt going to do shit for that, its basically just an amp. it might help to aid the quality of the audio by increasing max volume, but thats basically it.

i dont know about that boards audio personally(and im not an audio guru so those numbers mean very little to me honestly) but the best thing to do is, plug the headphones in and listen to your music and games. if it sounds good, then great! if its muffled or sounds like ass, you might consider getting a dac/amp which will help a LOT more than whatever that adapter can do.

I was just about to buy the Sennheiser G4ME ZERO headset when I came across this post: http://www.overclock.net/t/1456588/question-on-using-sennheiser-g4me-zero-as-a-7-1-headset

It speaks of an adapter which can turn the GAME ZERO with supposably mediocre surround sound to quite decent surround sound.

I can't seem to find anything with that adapter of similar.

Can anyone give me any recommendations? Are these adapters worth getting? If so, can you recommend me one?

• CPU = i7 5930k
  • Cooler = Corsair H100i
  • RAM = Dominator Platinum 32GB DDR4-2666
  • Storage = Samsung 850 Pro 1TB
  • GPU = EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW3
  • PSU = Corsair 750D
  • PSU = Corsair 1000W
  • Monitor = Asus PG278Q

the "adapter" hes talking about is https://en-us.sennheiser.com/img/3859/x1_desktop_pc-323d-9.jpg

it actually comes with a different headset. and all it really does is act like a small usb amp, so you dont have to rely on your on board audio. its just a fancy version of THIS

i personally use something similar because my onboard audio doesnt supply enough power for my mic, so nobody can hear me.

if you have good on board audio, you dont need one. unless you want to get a separate dac/amp

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

Just now, Tsuki said:

the "adapter" hes talking about is https://en-us.sennheiser.com/img/3859/x1_desktop_pc-323d-9.jpg

it actually comes with a different headset. and all it really does is act like a small usb amp, so you dont have to rely on your on board audio. its just a fancy version of THIS

i personally use something similar because my onboard audio doesnt supply enough power for my mic, so nobody can hear me.

if you have good on board audio, you dont need one. unless you want to get a separate dac/amp

I'm not familiar with audio, but I found this here: http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardware-canucks-reviews/68176-asus-rampage-v-extreme-x99-motherboard-review-15.html

I have the Asus Rampage V Extreme X99. I see it's onboard sound is listed as "very good", but I don't know what to compare it to/interpret that.

One thing to clarify: So that adapter doesn't somehow give the headset high-quality surround sound? My HyperX Cloud 2 has some button on the adapter for 7.1 virtual surround. Is that a part of the GAME ZEROs?

• CPU = i7 5930k
  • Cooler = Corsair H100i
  • PSU = Corsair 750D
  • PSU = Corsair 1000W
  • Monitor = Asus PG278Q

1 minute ago, JerrBear said:

the virtual surround is a software based solution, so that adapter isnt going to do shit for that, its basically just an amp. it might help to aid the quality of the audio by increasing max volume, but thats basically it.

i dont know about that boards audio personally(and im not an audio guru so those numbers mean very little to me honestly) but the best thing to do is, plug the headphones in and listen to your music and games. if it sounds good, then great! if its muffled or sounds like ass, you might consider getting a dac/amp which will help a LOT more than whatever that adapter can do.

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

Just now, Tsuki said:

Alright will do that! Thanks, didn't know it was software based (you think I would have realized since it was VIRTUAL surround sound).. :) 

• CPU = i7 5930k
  • Cooler = Corsair H100i
  • PSU = Corsair 750D
  • PSU = Corsair 1000W
  • Monitor = Asus PG278Q