RX560 not detecting all monitors

Hi All,

I recently purchased a 3rd monitor and along with that a Sapphire RX560 (4GB). Now the 3 monitors I have are all different, two 27" ones: LG (1080p) and BenQ (1440p) and a 21.5" BenQ (1080p), I have no intention on gaming. 

So I uninstalled my old nvidia drivers and shut down my computer and connected all 3 displays which were via DVI, HDMI and Display Port and the installed the graphics card. Once the computer turned on I installed the graphics drivers (only one monitor was working at this point). Once this was done I restarted the computer and whola all 3 monitors were working, however once I started playing around in the settings with EyeFinity just to see how it works two of the monitors stop working. I've tried the following to get it working:

- Uninstall the drivers and reinstall

- Reset the preferences in AMD's software

- Try via different cords

So the issue is that at any given time only 2 of the 3 displays will work, and even thats very selective. If I try and use both the two 27" ones only the one connected via HDMI will work (I tried the other with DVI and DP) however the computer does detect the second display (not AMD's software however) but the display will not show anything, just a black screen. THE SCREEN IS ON and I can drag windows onto it I just can't see anything. Right now I've gone back to how it was and have  one of the 27"s connected via HDMI and the smaller 21.5 via DVI and it works however I can't get all 3 to work at the same time again.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

49 minutes ago, sandals100 said:

Hi All,

I recently purchased a 3rd monitor and along with that a Sapphire RX560 (4GB). Now the 3 monitors I have are all different, two 27" ones: LG (1080p) and BenQ (1440p) and a 21.5" BenQ (1080p), I have no intention on gaming. 

So I uninstalled my old nvidia drivers and shut down my computer and connected all 3 displays which were via DVI, HDMI and Display Port and the installed the graphics card. Once the computer turned on I installed the graphics drivers (only one monitor was working at this point). Once this was done I restarted the computer and whola all 3 monitors were working, however once I started playing around in the settings with EyeFinity just to see how it works two of the monitors stop working. I've tried the following to get it working:

So the issue is that at any given time only 2 of the 3 displays will work, and even thats very selective. If I try and use both the two 27" ones only the one connected via HDMI will work (I tried the other with DVI and DP) however the computer does detect the second display (not AMD's software however) but the display will not show anything, just a black screen. THE SCREEN IS ON and I can drag windows onto it I just can't see anything. Right now I've gone back to how it was and have  one of the 27"s connected via HDMI and the smaller 21.5 via DVI and it works however I can't get all 3 to work at the same time again.

Try unplugging the monitors from power for a minute.

3 hours ago, Glenwing said:

Try unplugging the monitors from power for a minute.

I tried that but didn't seem to work. Oh well I've given up and managed to get the two 27's working. As a side note is there anyway to get the the scaling in windows lower than 100%? I'm running windows 10 and the resolution difference between the two monitors is very noticeable. 

On 15/08/2017 at 7:59 AM, sandals100 said:

Hi All,

Hi,

I have a similar issue, I have 2 monitors, one connected to HDMI and the 2nd to Display Port. before it was randomly going black after came back from sleep. Now every boot it stays black, and I can move windows onto it, but it stays black, if I turn off or change the input on the monitor also it became black. using it alone it works unless I turn it off or change the input from the DP one.

I sometimes change the input from it because I share the screen between 2 PC's.

My Card is a GigaByte RX560 2GB

I looked everywhere and didn't find a solution for it... 

• 1 year later...
On 8/15/2017 at 6:59 AM, sandals100 said:

Hi All,

Hello, I am also running Sapphire RX560 (4GB) with 3 screens; and I also like to switch between Eyefinity ON/OFF depending upon what I’m doing.

The first time I switched Eyefinity off I also lost two screens; however, all you need to do under Windows, is to enable them in the Display Setting.

1.       Right Click mouse anywhere on Windows Desktop

2.       Click on Display Settings

3.       Click on Detect – this should show that your other two screens are present

4.       Select them on by one, and in the box under (Multiple Display) choice “Extend these displays.

Now I can just switch Eyefinity ON/OFF whenever and thes display will always revert back to whatever state they where in before the use of Eyefinity.

• 2 years later...

Same problem here.

I got 2 Dell 27" displays 1080p one connected via hdmi and the other one via the DVI-D to HDMI connector. I also got a Gigabyte RX560 2GB OC. At first when i plugged in the 2nd display as soon as i start a game with openGL i would get artifacts and then i would have to reboot the pc. Then it started happening on the desktop too as soon as i power it up. I reinstalled windows 10 and now only one of my displays has the picture in desktop. I know that all of theme are working since the motherboad boot image is shown on both and as soon as windows login screen pops up only the HDMI - HDMI display shows the image. The other one is not detected in the settings of both windows and amd software. I know the other one is working since i can drag windows into it as well as hide the mouse (yeah its strange). I tried another exactly the same rx560 (i got it for me and my brother so we could play csgo at that time) and the same results. Is this something relating to the polaris architecture.

I then tested both of the displays with a GTX1660 Super and they work even though one of theme was connected via DP to HDMI adapter.

Message to moderators: Yes i know this is and old thread but i wanted to leave the info i found relating to this problem since this thread is the first thing that pops up on google when you type "rx560 2nd display not working". Thank you