2 Ethernet Ports - Can one go through a VPN?

davidst95
Go to solution Solved by TheKDub,

You could allocate a few of the VMs to use one port then a few to use the other, then just set the VMs up with the VPN.

Or even set them all up to run through the same port and just configure the VPN in the ones you want/need it in.

Hi, I have two gigabit ethernet ports on my motherboard (Killer E2500 & Intel 1211).   Is it possible to set one of the ethernet ports to go through a VPN?   I would run a few VMs on my desktop and would like a few of them to go through a VPN service.   Can this be done in the OS, VMWare or do I need to get a second router VPN set up on it?   Thank you.

David

You could allocate a few of the VMs to use one port then a few to use the other, then just set the VMs up with the VPN.

Or even set them all up to run through the same port and just configure the VPN in the ones you want/need it in.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Thanks for the suggestion.  I'll try that.

David

1 hour ago, TheKDub said: