vrm temperature

razor007
4 minutes ago, razor007 said:

hey

how to check gpu vrm temperatures ?

the graphics card has to support it, and as far as I know, only the EVGA cards with the ICX coolers support this feature

Main Rig:

| 13900K@6.1/4.7 w/TVB | Corsair h150i Elite LCD | Sapphire NITRO SE+ 6900XT@2710MHz | ASUS Z790 Strix-E | Corsair DDR5 Dominator Platinum 2x16GB@6200MT/s | Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO |

My Folding Stats

Just now, MysticalRainXIV said:

the graphics card has to support it, and as far as I know, only the EVGA cards with the ICX coolers support this feature

yea i know 

i hv gtx 1080 founders edition with kraken g10 liquid cooling thats why i wanted to see.and i did not attach heatsink on vrm

gpu.gif

knowing the GPU temp is more than enough and there are plenty of software to monitor it.

Any specific reason for the VRM temp  

CPU:i7 9700k 5047.5Mhz All Cores Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 OC 3467Mhz GPU:MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR 8GB OC Storage:Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB, 2x SSD ADATA PRO SP900 256GB, HDD WD CB 2TB, HDD GREEN 2TB PSU: Seasonic focus plus 750w Gold Display(s): 1st: LG 27UK650-W, 4K, IPS, HDR10, 10bit(8bit + A-FRC). 2nd: Samsung 24" LED Monitor (SE390), Cooling:Fazn CPU Cooler Aero 120T Push/pull Corsair ML PRO Fans Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB mx Rapidfire Mouse:Razer Naga Chroma  Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Sound: Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker Case: Modded Case Inverted, 5 intake 120mm, one exhaust 120mm.

2 minutes ago, Constantin said:

knowing the GPU temp is more than enough and there are plenty of software to monitor it.

Any specific reason for the VRM temp  

somebody suggested me to buy heatsink for the vrm to run cool

Just now, razor007 said:

somebody suggested me to buy heatsink for the vrm to run cool

overclocking to 2126 using furmark

0.gif

1 minute ago, wolfsbane3083 said:

As long as you have the fan running on the G10 you'll be fine. The vrms are rated for 115c.

yea mate

it was difficult to fit g10 onto gtx 1080 they did not send thermal pad and screws are not good

there was a cabinet problem.

but overall it is good for high end gaming.

6 minutes ago, wolfsbane3083 said:

As long as you have the fan running on the G10 you'll be fine. The vrms are rated for 115c.

125c probably. 

I'd slap some heatsinks on them, you can get some off ebay for basically nothing and they help with longevity and efficiency, you most likely don't need them but I would get them anyway just to have, the fan on the G10 should be way enough though if you don't want to spend a few $

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016