VCore and VID?

So I ran AIDA64 for 7 hours with 1.210V on my 4.8ghz OC (7700k) and I'm getting a max of 1.327V on VID but seeing, 1.216 on Vcore so what voltage is actually going to my CPU?

Stress Test Results

10900k 5.0ghz OC | ASUS Strix Z490 | NVIDIA 4090 FE | 4x16GB Corsair Vengeance PRO (3200MHz)

8 minutes ago, xovague said:

So I ran AIDA64 for 7 hours with 1.210V on my 4.8ghz OC (7700k) and I'm getting a max of 1.327V on VID but seeing, 1.216 on Vcore so what voltage is actually going to my CPU?

Stress Test Results

VID is the voltage table programmed buy Intel at the factory.  I cannot be changed or adjusted.

VCore is what's actually being delivered to your CPU.  VCore is what you want to pay attention to.  

Just think of VID as the voltage your CPU was programmed to ask for and VCore as what is being delivered to your CPU based on your custom adjustments in BIOS.

5 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

VID is the voltage table programmed buy Intel at the factory.  I cannot be changed or adjusted.

VCore is what's actually being delivered to your CPU.  VCore is what you want to pay attention to.  

Just think of VID as the voltage your CPU was programmed to ask for and VCore as what is being delivered to your CPU based on your custom adjustments in BIOS.

So pretty much I won the silicon lottery?

10900k 5.0ghz OC | ASUS Strix Z490 | NVIDIA 4090 FE | 4x16GB Corsair Vengeance PRO (3200MHz)

6 minutes ago, xovague said:

So pretty much I won the silicon lottery?

You keep asking that.  xD

Overclock it to as fast as you can get and we'll let you know.

Basing whether your CPU is a "silicon lottery" winner on the voltage required to obtain lower clock speeds is a waste of time because it in no way tells you whether it will actually clock high or not.  There's silicon speed and silicon leakage and a balance between the two determines the quality of the chip.  

You won't know until you try to clock it up.  I suspect that you'll run out of thermal headroom long before finding out if that chip is a winner or not.

You're already hitting max temps of 76c in AIDA64 after 7 minutes and you have the memory test checked as well, which actually makes your temps lower than just running the CPU, FPU and cache tests only.  

3 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

You keep asking that.  xD

Overclock it to as fast as you can get and we'll let you know.

Basing whether your CPU is a "silicon lottery" winner on the voltage required to obtain lower clock speeds is a waste of time because it in no way tells you whether it will actually clock high or not.  There's silicon speed and silicon leakage and a balance between the two determines the quality of the chip.  

You won't know until you try to clock it up.  I suspect that you'll run out of thermal headroom long before finding out if that chip is a winner or not.

You're already hitting max temps of 76c in AIDA64 after 7 minutes and you have the memory test checked as well, which actually makes your temps lower than just running the CPU, FPU and cache tests only.  

That was 7 hours bro

Just now, xovague said:

That was 7 hours bro

Oops.  That's a good run.  Next time uncheck the memory test and your CPU will heat up more.  Better stress.  AIDA64 is bad enough as it's not really that stressing to the CPU.

Anyways, see if you can get it to hit 5 GHz stable.  That's pretty much the standard goal for 7700k owners.