7700k delid with EK Monoblock?

Go to solution Solved by Jonathan Lemmens,
14 minutes ago, NetKatalyzt said:

HI, I've recently completed a build with an ASUS Strix Z270E. Managed a 4.9GHz OC with load temps at 77c. It has a 320mm radiator to cool it. I can manage a 5.0GHz OC, but then temps bump up to 88c to 93c. I have been contemplating a delid, but I'm afraid of the change in height of the CPU, and because the block is designed to cover the surrounding mosfets too, will the CPU still make sufficient contact with the monoblock?

When you delid you should always put the heatspreader back on the die with preferably liquid metal in between. That way there is no height difference.

And for a cheeky side question . . .

I use a temperature sensor on the loop and have set the radiator fans' curve to work from that. I think this is a logical way to run it, but does it matter if the sensor comes before or after the radiator? And also, what are considered normal operating temps for the coolant itself? (Mine usually around 24c at idle, and up to 29/30c at load for 1hour)

The water temperature in a cooling loop is pretty uniform, with negligible difference in temp between incoming and outgoing water in the radiator. So placement shouldn't matter much.

AIO manufacturers usually specify a maximum fluid temperature, I think its around 60C. 

Edit: but you don't have an AIO I guess? The only component in a custom loop that is limited in its operation by temperature would be the pump, check the specs on that for more info.

HI, I've recently completed a build with an ASUS Strix Z270E. Managed a 4.9GHz OC with load temps at 77c. It has a 320mm radiator to cool it. I can manage a 5.0GHz OC, but then temps bump up to 88c to 93c. I have been contemplating a delid, but I'm afraid of the change in height of the CPU, and because the block is designed to cover the surrounding mosfets too, will the CPU still make sufficient contact with the monoblock?

I use a temperature sensor on the loop and have set the radiator fans' curve to work from that. I think this is a logical way to run it, but does it matter if the sensor comes before or after the radiator? And also, what are considered normal operating temps for the coolant itself? (Mine usually around 24c at idle, and up to 29/30c at load for 1hour)

When you delid you should always put the heatspreader back on the die with preferably liquid metal in between. That way there is no height difference.

The water temperature in a cooling loop is pretty uniform, with negligible difference in temp between incoming and outgoing water in the radiator. So placement shouldn't matter much.

AIO manufacturers usually specify a maximum fluid temperature, I think its around 60C. 

Edit: but you don't have an AIO I guess? The only component in a custom loop that is limited in its operation by temperature would be the pump, check the specs on that for more info.