Fractal Design 2300

xavu

Hey guys, this is my first forum post and hopefully one of many to come (and hopefully not at the same time:P)

I was wondering if this case is the best I could get for my money as looking at it, it seems like a pretty solid buy. It's £40 here in the UK ($50) and out of the many cases I've viewed at this price range (£50 max) it seems like the best option to be honest. It has 2 pre installed fans, dust filters (although I don't know how good they are), has 7 fan areas, pretty lengthy and can fit pretty much every graphics card you put into it (380mm), and has a pretty sleek design. I'm not looking for appearance, all I care for is that my parts will have cool airflow and that the build quality of the case will last me. If this isn't the best option here, then please recommend one that is please xD

Thanks.

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/YhzZxr/fractal-design-focus-g-white-atx-mid-tower-case-fd-ca-focus-wt-w Maybe this? Has a side panel window and looks nice. Seems like a good one :P 

Ion (Main Build)                                                                                        Overall Setup

i5 6500 3.2 GHz                                                                     -Blue snowball (White) thanks goodwill

MSI Mortar Arctic                                                                   -Logitech K120

Asus 1060 6GB Dual                                                             -Logitech Daedalus Prime G302

PNY CS1311 120 GB                                                            -Mousepad I made in 1st grade with my name on it                                                 

WD Caviar Blue 1 TB                                                              

Crucial Ballistix Sport LT White 16GB (8x2GB) 2400

NZXT S340 White

Corsair CXM 450W 

Lenovo H320 (Old Pre-built PC)                                      Possible upgrade for H320          

i5 650 3.2 GHz (heh)                                                                                    Xeon X3470

Motherboard unknown                                                       Same Motherboard

iGPU                                                                                   GT 1030 (MSI Low Profile Half Height)

Crucial 240GB SSD                                                           Crucial 240GB SSD

6GB DDR3 (4+2GB)                                                           8-10GB DDR3 (4+2+2GB/4+4+2GB)

Lenovo H320 case                                                             Lenovo H320 case

Unknown PSU (210W?)                                                     Same PSU (210W?)    

5 minutes ago, QuantumBit said:

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/YhzZxr/fractal-design-focus-g-white-atx-mid-tower-case-fd-ca-focus-wt-w Maybe this? Has a side panel window and looks nice. Seems like a good one :P 

Hmm, seems like a solid case, although it has the same pretty much the same specs as the 2300 so I'm not quite sure if it's worth the extra money. Thanks for the suggestion though!

1 minute ago, Himommies said:

Or the Masterbox

Which one do you mean? The Lite version or just the normal one?

Just now, xavu said:

Which one do you mean? The Lite version or just the normal one?

Both are fine but I was thinking about the lite.The S340 is only 65 though so that might be a better choice

My life

3 minutes ago, Himommies said:

Both are fine but I was thinking about the lite.The S340 is only 65 though so that might be a better choice

Hmm, the Masterbox lite is definitely an attractive case with its see through glossiness and also has a large place to work in but I'm not sure if it's better than the 2300 practicality wise. The back of it has no openings so cable management would be pretty hard whilst the 2300 has this. I'm not quite sure if the looks will win me on this one. On the other hand, the S340 seems pretty nice, it has cable management options, and has 2 fans plus it's extremely nice to look at. I'll spend some more time to think about this but thanks!