Trouble with laptop

I recently got a new laptop, HP Pavilion 15-cc563st, and the first thing I noticed after all the windows updates were done installing was that 3 apps in the windows app stores hung up and were causing the harddrive to go up to 100% load which slowed the entire computer and caused it too hang. After multiple restarts, I finally got the apps to delete and the harddrive usage went back to normal but after a shortwhile, I noticed that these temp files were causing the harddrive usage to shoot back up to 100%. When I shutdown the laptop as well, the light on the power button stays on but the screen goes out, is that normal? Holding down the power button makes the light go out

9 minutes ago, PhoenixArising said:

I recently got a new laptop, HP Pavilion 15-cc563st, and the first thing I noticed after all the windows updates were done installing was that 3 apps in the windows app stores hung up and were causing the harddrive to go up to 100% load which slowed the entire computer and caused it too hang. After multiple restarts, I finally got the apps to delete and the harddrive usage went back to normal but after a shortwhile, I noticed that these temp files were causing the harddrive usage to shoot back up to 100%. When I shutdown the laptop as well, the light on the power button stays on but the screen goes out, is that normal? Holding down the power button makes the light go out

I don't believe that's normal. You wouldn't happen to know what files are making the hard drive usage shoot to 100% do you? Maybe some of the apps weren't totally deleted and some of the files were left behind.

21 minutes ago, Stevers108 said:

I don't believe that's normal. You wouldn't happen to know what files are making the hard drive usage shoot to 100% do you? Maybe some of the apps weren't totally deleted and some of the files were left behind.

The processes jump around quickly and I have cleared the store cache twice as well as reset it

10 hours ago, PhoenixArising said:

The processes jump around quickly and I have cleared the store cache twice as well as reset it

I would honestly take it back to the store you bought it from. It's brand new and shouldn't be doing that. I mean I'm sure it could be figured out whats going on, but its brand new and shouldn't be doing any of that.