Best method for backing up and transferring sms/mms messaging on android?

I just upgraded my smartphone (android to android), and I want to transfer all my old text messages from my old phone to my new phone.  I already tried SMS Backup/Restore after hearing good things about it.  As it turns out, it doesn't backup any photos or group messages.  Does anyone know of a better method?

11 minutes ago, RoflWaffles02 said:

I just upgraded my smartphone (android to android), and I want to transfer all my old text messages from my old phone to my new phone.  I already tried SMS Backup/Restore after hearing good things about it.  As it turns out, it doesn't backup any photos or group messages.  Does anyone know of a better method?

If you are saying it worked restoring your Text messages then I did not know you could do that but I'm pretty sure you can't... If it was to work however read below:

There is a difference between SMS and MMS. SMS stands for Short Message Service and will only send text, hence why your SMS Backup/restore program only restored your actual text messages. MMS stands for Multimedia Messaging Service and will send photos, videos, Music etc and is not used to send text, hence why it is called a Multimedia messaging service. I am not sure if you can actually use an MMS backup/restore program as I think it saves more to the device internally but I am not be sure of that. 

To get your photos and group messages, I recommend using an MMS backup/restore program since an SMS program will not work on multimedia restore. (I am still not sure if you can actually restore your multimedia though).

My Rig:

Xeon E5 1680 V2 @ 4.5GHz - Asus Rampage IV Extreme X79 Mobo - 64GB DDR3 1600MHz - 8 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile - CAS 10-10-10-27 - AMD Radeon RX 6700XT Sapphire Pulse 12GB - DeepCool E-Shield E-ATX Tempered Glass Case - 1 x 1TB Crucial P1 NVMe SSD - BeQuiet Straight Power 11 850W Gold+ Quad rail - Fractal Design Celsius S36 & 6 x 120mm silent fans - Lenovo KBBH21 - Corsair Glaive RGB Pro - Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Monitors - 3 x Acer Nitro 23.8" 1080p 75Hz IPS 1ms Freesync Panels = AMD Eyefinity @ 75Hz

2 minutes ago, Brennan_Price said:

There is a difference between SMS and MMS. SMS stands for Short Message Service and will only send text, hence why your SMS Backup/restore program only restored your actual text messages. MMS stands for Multimedia Messaging Service and will send photos, videos, Music etc and is not used to send text, hence why it is called a Multimedia messaging service. I am not sure if you can actually use an MMS backup/restore program as I think it saves more to the device internally but I am not be sure of that. 

To get your photos and group messages, I recommend using an MMS backup/restore program since an SMS program will not work on multimedia restore. (I am still not sure if you can actually restore your multimedia though).

I should have done more research before posting here.  As it turns out, there is a setting buried in the app that allow you to include all sms and mms data in the backup.

Just now, RoflWaffles02 said:

I should have done more research before posting here.  As it turns out, there is a setting buried in the app that allow you to include all sms and mms data in the backup.

Oh ok, well I'll be damned because I did not know you could do that sort of thing.

My Rig:

Xeon E5 1680 V2 @ 4.5GHz - Asus Rampage IV Extreme X79 Mobo - 64GB DDR3 1600MHz - 8 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile - CAS 10-10-10-27 - AMD Radeon RX 6700XT Sapphire Pulse 12GB - DeepCool E-Shield E-ATX Tempered Glass Case - 1 x 1TB Crucial P1 NVMe SSD - BeQuiet Straight Power 11 850W Gold+ Quad rail - Fractal Design Celsius S36 & 6 x 120mm silent fans - Lenovo KBBH21 - Corsair Glaive RGB Pro - Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Monitors - 3 x Acer Nitro 23.8" 1080p 75Hz IPS 1ms Freesync Panels = AMD Eyefinity @ 75Hz