how is this mobo

hey im only looking for comments from someone that has this mobo or did have it how is this motherbord is it any good

[h=1]ASUS Rampage IV Extreme LGA 2011 Intel X79[/h]

It's a very good motherboard, I've used it before when I was helping my friend build his PC, no problems what so ever. Also a beast of an overclocker.

Come and join the awesome Official LTT Star Citizen Org at LTT Conglomerat,  GTA 5 LTT Crew at LTT Conglomarate

PC Specs - 4770k - OC 4.5GHz  - GTX 780 SC - 16GB HyperX - NZXT H440 White - Corsair H100i - Corsair AX750 - Samsung Evo 250GB - 2 x PA238Q - ATH-M50 - 

It's a very good motherboard, I've used it before when I was helping my friend build his PC, no problems what so ever. Also a beast of an overclocker.
kk cool i was looking at buying it with a 3960x or 3970x

Waste of money, just get a 3930K and overclock it.

CPU: AMD 3950x Mobo: MSI B550 RAM: 32GB DDR4 GPU: Asus 3080 Strix PSU: Superflower Leadex 3 720w Case: BeQuiet 500DX

Storage: 2TB SSD + 4TB HDD Audio: SMSL 793ii -> HiFiman HE-400 + Mission MS-50 Speakers

the Intel Core i7-3930K Sandy Bridge-E 3.2GHz (3.8GHz Turbo) LGA 2011 130W Six-Core Desktop Processor its only 3.2 ghzs how much could i overclock it to would like at least 4.6 so how is the 3960x or 3970x a waste of money is it not faster then the 3930k or can i overclock the 3930k faster then the 3960x and 3970x

it's the same CPU, with a higher clock speed, so yes, you will be able to clock it faster than those 2.

Come and join the awesome Official LTT Star Citizen Org at LTT Conglomerat,  GTA 5 LTT Crew at LTT Conglomarate

PC Specs - 4770k - OC 4.5GHz  - GTX 780 SC - 16GB HyperX - NZXT H440 White - Corsair H100i - Corsair AX750 - Samsung Evo 250GB - 2 x PA238Q - ATH-M50 - 

ok thanks what would be a good set of 64gb ram i want to max it out i do like g skill and corsair

hey im only looking for comments from someone that has this mobo or did have it how is this motherbord is it any good [h=1]ASUS Rampage IV Extreme LGA 2011 Intel X79[/h]

It's a superb motherboard if you fully utilize all its features; if you don't then it's pretty pointless having one. What will the person be using it for?

hey im only looking for comments from someone that has this mobo or did have it how is this motherbord is it any good [h=1]ASUS Rampage IV Extreme LGA 2011 Intel X79[/h]

It's a superb motherboard if you fully utilize all its features; if you don't then it's pretty pointless having one. What will the person be using it for?

im useing it for gameing and vid stuff and anything eles

this is how i view ASUS

asus-HD.jpg

Until something breaks and you have RMA it.

Then it turns into: "Well send you your stuff back.....next year"

CPU: AMD 3950x Mobo: MSI B550 RAM: 32GB DDR4 GPU: Asus 3080 Strix PSU: Superflower Leadex 3 720w Case: BeQuiet 500DX

Storage: 2TB SSD + 4TB HDD Audio: SMSL 793ii -> HiFiman HE-400 + Mission MS-50 Speakers

A) Why 64GB of RAM? There's only two things I know that need that and you're doing neither. And B) I very much doubt you'll be able to get to 4.6...

A) Why 64GB of RAM? There's only two things I know that need that and you're doing neither. And B) I very much doubt you'll be able to get to 4.6...
hmm why do you doubt all get 4.6 my friend has a x79 bord and the 3930k at 4.8 on a h100i and so i want to max the bord out on the ram idc if i use it all or not always good to have and i have seen alot who have got 4.6 and over with that cpu

What's the PSU and what else is in the system?

im just starting to build the rig im going to be useing a corsair 1200i psu and 2 asus 7970 matrix platinum cards waiting on corsair 900d case to come out 3 asus 1440 max 27" monitors im going all out on this build im not going haswell cuz i no the 3930k or higher will blow haswell away cuz of the 6 cores lol and has of right now a h100i till i do a water block set up