ASUS RMA about scratch in display?

SmirG3l

Hey

i noticed my IPS ROG monitor has small scratch in IPS panel area. I was wondering if anyone has experience of ASUS RMA to possibly get it fixed? I know that its not under warranty to get new unit since ive owned it for year soon.

am I better off buying new or trying RMA? I did send them note but im waiting for reply. Curious to know am I waiting for lost cause or not.

It should be under warranty for up to 3 years but their policy excludes scratches, unless it arrived new with a scratch.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

2 minutes ago, Lurick said:

It should be under warranty for up to 3 years but their policy excludes scratches, unless it arrived new with a scratch.

no, It didn't arrive with scratch. This means I'm better off just buying new monitor then than waiting for their RMA. 

did it arrive with a scratch or did the scratch happen after it came out the box?

if it happened after the fact, i'd dare to say that the money paid to have it fixed would be close enough to a new display you're better off getting a new display.

3 minutes ago, SmirG3l said:

no, It didn't arrive with scratch. This means I'm better off just buying new monitor then than waiting for their RMA. 

I would see what they say about parts and labor costs.

If a new screen would cost you half or less compared to the cost of a new one, I would do the replacement.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

2 minutes ago, manikyath said:

did it arrive with a scratch or did the scratch happen after it came out the box?

if it happened after the fact, i'd dare to say that the money paid to have it fixed would be close enough to a new display you're better off getting a new display.

after I have been using it, well I don't mind having then two 1440P monitors hehe ;) I have been curious to have 2 displays for a while maybe this is good excuse to buy second hah. 

5 minutes ago, SmirG3l said:

after I have been using it, well I don't mind having then two 1440P monitors hehe ;) I have been curious to have 2 displays for a while maybe this is good excuse to buy second hah. 

meanwhile on my desk..

Spoiler

fca74be6f7.jpg

dual 1440p and 4k display for my server because..

oh, and need that dual 1080p for bedside content consumption:

f20b5ef59f.jpg

pixels are a drug, dont do pixels, mkay? pixels are bad, mkay? :P

EDIT: taking this picture made me realise my wallpapers are fucked up again, time for something new :D

1 minute ago, manikyath said:

meanwhile on my desk..

Reveal hidden contents

fca74be6f7.jpg

dual 1440p and 4k display for my server because..

oh, and need that dual 1080p for bedside content consumption:

f20b5ef59f.jpg

pixels are a drug, dont do pixels, mkay? pixels are bad, mkay? :P

I've same DE as you do.

On 8/6/2017 at 8:17 PM, Lurick said:

I would see what they say about parts and labor costs.

If a new screen would cost you half or less compared to the cost of a new one, I would do the replacement.

FYI I received today reply from their support that repairing the screen etc would actually cost more than just buying second new one so I did.. I even saved up 300€ :) first monitor was 969€ this was 699€ so yeah why not..