PVA

SZEM

I'm quite new to 3D printing, I recently got a Prusa i3 MK2 kit. I'm just wondering, can i print PVA with my printer? 

Yeah probably, but why would you want to? PVA is water soluble and is great as a support material. See the millions of examples made by Ultimaker for the UM3.

ASU

19 hours ago, Hackentosher said:

Yeah probably, but why would you want to? PVA is water soluble and is great as a support material. See the millions of examples made by Ultimaker for the UM3.

Yeah, I want to use PVA as a support material, I have the multi material upgrade. 

Just now, SZEM said:

Yeah, I want to use PVA as a support material, I have the multi material upgrade. 

Then yeah you should be good. 

ASU

13 hours ago, SZEM said:

PVA absorbs moisture from the air like crazy, within hours of cracking open the packet and ruins it... plus very low melting point so you might have some issues pushing it with PLA through the single hot end on the MM upgrade prusa. Honestly breakaway support is awesome in the new slic3r, I'd stick with that.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7.8.2017 at 6:32 PM, makersmuse said:

PVA absorbs moisture from the air like crazy, within hours of cracking open the packet and ruins it... plus very low melting point so you might have some issues pushing it with PLA through the single hot end on the MM upgrade prusa. Honestly breakaway support is awesome in the new slic3r, I'd stick with that.

i guess everyone would use break away supports whenever possible but this whole PVA thing opens up a new world of supports in places where its hard to break stuff away.

but if you are the actual makers muse guy you know that.