Blue Yeti Pro Problem! Help :(

alienmer

I now have a blue yeti pro, and it worked fabulously during it's first 2 weeks, I haven't dropped it or anything, then all of a sudden it just started picking up a large static noise, like everything isn't clear, even if I use a headset on the jack underneath the mic it sounds really horrible, is there anyway to fix this?

and it has this constant pick up

constant.PNG

1 minute ago, alienmer said:

I now have a blue yeti pro, and it worked fabulously during it's first 2 weeks, I haven't dropped it or anything, then all of a sudden it just started picking up a large static noise, like everything isn't clear, even if I use a headset on the jack underneath the mic it sounds really horrible, is there anyway to fix this?

Try turning it's  input volume down on the mic and in Windows 

CPU: Intel Core i7 8700  

GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070

MOBO: ASUS Z370-F STRIX  

RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 2133MHz

2 minutes ago, EvilCat70 said:

Try turning it's  input volume down on the mic and in Windows 

Thanks for the reply, I tried it too, but I can hear myself muffled and there's static all over with the recordings or playback

Just now, alienmer said:

Thanks for the reply, I tried it too, but I can hear myself muffled and there's static all over with the recordings or playback

Try different USB ports. What motherboard do you have? If it doesn't have good electrical guards, electrical noise can interfere with the signals. 

CPU: Intel Core i7 8700  

GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070

MOBO: ASUS Z370-F STRIX  

RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 2133MHz

5 minutes ago, EvilCat70 said:

Try different USB ports. What motherboard do you have? If it doesn't have good electrical guards, electrical noise can interfere with the signals. 

I'm trying it out on different computers too right now, port 1.0, 2.0 and 3.0 and the static muffles are still there, the main pc I use has is a h1z0 pro gaming asus motherboard.. but I think I got it now actually! When you said I go to the volume adjustments I noticed my default playback was on blue yeti pro, I'm baffled that there's a "blue yeti pro" right there on my playback devices.. then I set my default device back to my speakers and everything is fine again! thanks for the info with the electrical guards too!

constant2.PNG

I would also like to ask,, does the different USB ports give different current of electricity and does it affect my microphone too?

I went back to my laptop though and the problem still persists! :'( someone help :<

Contact Blue. This sounds like a hardware malfunction and should be covered under warranty.

Director of Marketing for Antlion Audio, creators of the ModMic.

More info at www.ModMic.com

Ask questions, I'm friendly!