Pre-built Desktop Questions

Hello, this is my first time using a forum, so please forgive me for any errors I make.

I am looking into getting into PC gaming and have been pricing out possible builds. I also decided to check out some pre-builts to cover my bases. I understand that building your own pc is widely considered the cheapest and best way to get a pc, but I was able to find a very good deal on a pre-built system. The specs are better than what I was planning to buy, but they seem to add up to the same price. Currently, this PC is $899.99: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883102246

I was wondering if this really is as good a deal as it seems and what more experienced PC gamers thought of this PC.

Thank you.

to be honest, that's a really damn good deal.

however, it's probably like $50 more expensive than building your own, and prebuilts usually cut corners. stuff like the PSU, case quality, motherboard quality, etc. is usually bad on prebuilts.

motherboard might also not be B350

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

10 minutes ago, Stonewall said:

Hello, this is my first time using a forum, so please forgive me for any errors I make.

I am looking into getting into PC gaming and have been pricing out possible builds. I also decided to check out some pre-builts to cover my bases. I understand that building your own pc is widely considered the cheapest and best way to get a pc, but I was able to find a very good deal on a pre-built system. The specs are better than what I was planning to buy, but they seem to add up to the same price. Currently, this PC is $899.99: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883102246

I was wondering if this really is as good a deal as it seems and what more experienced PC gamers thought of this PC.

Thank you.

the great thing about pre builts is that u can have a garantee that ur pc will work when u get it, unlike building it, may be cheaper, but parts might be shipped broken u could break it while building it. but all good for the pc

3 minutes ago, Samson_ST said:

the great thing about pre builts is that u can have a garantee that ur pc will work when u get it, unlike building it, may be cheaper, but parts might be shipped broken u could break it while building it. but all good for the pc

Firstoff, it's not guaranteed.

Some reviews on newegg say it's borked.

second, RMAs exist for a reason. it's a PITA, but at least you don't lose any money.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

2 minutes ago, RadiatingLight said:

Firstoff, it's not guaranteed.

Some reviews on newegg say it's borked.

second, RMAs exist for a reason. it's a PITA, but at least you don't lose any money.

ok, but still there are many more ways for it to go wrong

Overall it seems like a pretty ok $899 dollar machine, but my question to you is why not wait a bit longer, spend a bit more for a "more future proof" machine. Like for instance making the jump from 1080p to 1440p and maintaining that buttery smooth frame rate (in the future).

Remember the manufacturer HAS to profit in some way or this prebuilt would not exist so expect a tad of inflation and corner cutting like the previously mentioned psu. 

Other things to consider:

-At first glance, the case looks like a cooler master case, but taking a closer look has some ABS branding, so the case quality may take a toll, along with possibly the case fans. 

-what even is the heatsink for the cpu lol..

-build quality (who knows lol)

-personal touch ( this goes as far from hand picking your own components and picking a motherboard with usb type c with thunderbolt capabilities because maybe you may need usb c) also, it just is amazing to be able to say YOU built your computer

-what variation of the rx580 is it, and does its IO fit your needs

Personally I love the idea of having a unique ish rig, and am a fan of the blue and green team. Just some things to think about lol