Build New PC! Is it balance??

Hellow, im new in this forum

i watch a couple video by linus teach tips from youtube and maybe this forum can help me about component i choose for my new pc, mostly i use for gaming

Processor: INTEL Core i5-7600 3,5GHz LGA 1151 Kaby Lake Cache 6MB - CORE/THREADS 4/4

Motherboard: MSI B250 Gaming Pro Carbon LGA 1151 Kaby Lake

Im already get processor and motherboard and need some opinion or recomandation about vga, ram, cooler, and psu

VGA: ASUS NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 [DUAL-GTX1060-O6G]

RAM: 2X8 or 2x16 ??

SSD: 128GB is it enough ??

HDD: 4 or 5 TB

Cooler: THERMALTAKE WATER 3.0 Performer C All-In-One Liquid Cooling System (is it fit to for LGA 1151 ?)

PSU: THERMALTAKE ???? WATT

And got pretty case, i think (already order)

Case: THERMALTAKE View 28

Well, hope you guys can help about the rest component

(Sorry for bad english)

Just now, Ade Safrillah said:

Processor: INTEL Core i5-7600 3,5GHz LGA 1151 Kaby Lake Cache 6MB - CORE/THREADS 4/4

go for a ryzen 1600 

1 minute ago, Ade Safrillah said:

3000 mhz ram 

Where are you buying this, as in i don't know the price differences of graphics cards, hdd, ssd, etc..

And idk what you need 4-5TB for but if that is what you need then what do you use it for? If for storage / games id mby look at WD Blue series. SSD or M.2 is good, if you want speed and price isn't a huge issue, then id go for a M.2 500gb. That way you can use it for games as well or hdd req hardware. 

As you have chosen CPU and MB I will not look into that, if it is unlocked, are you planning to OC it?  And have you been looking at different coolers, or planning to stay with the stock cooler?

What is your budget? 

From 2001-2014 I had 156Kb/s Down and 0,02 Kb/s up. Now I have 35/35 Mb/s, it has truly changed my life. 

1 hour ago, Vespertine said:

What country do you reside in, and what is the budget?

Indonesia, budget like 400-500 US$ for rest component

1 hour ago, Gunnis said:

Where are you buying this, as in i don't know the price differences of graphics cards, hdd, ssd, etc..

And idk what you need 4-5TB for but if that is what you need then what do you use it for? If for storage / games id mby look at WD Blue series. SSD or M.2 is good, if you want speed and price isn't a huge issue, then id go for a M.2 500gb. That way you can use it for games as well or hdd req hardware. 

As you have chosen CPU and MB I will not look into that, if it is unlocked, are you planning to OC it?  And have you been looking at different coolers, or planning to stay with the stock cooler?

What is your budget? 

Budget 400-500$ for rest component, mabye 100-150$ for any cooler??

1 hour ago, nerdslayer1 said:

go for a ryzen 1600 

3000 mhz ram 

Already got core i5

1 hour ago, Ade Safrillah said:

Im already get processor and motherboard and need some opinion or recomandation about vga, ram, cooler, and psu

VGA: ASUS NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 [DUAL-GTX1060-O6G]

SSD: 128GB is it enough ??

HDD: 4 or 5 TB

Cooler: THERMALTAKE WATER 3.0 Performer C All-In-One Liquid Cooling System (is it fit to for LGA 1151 ?)

PSU: THERMALTAKE ???? WATT

And got pretty case, i think (already order)

Case: THERMALTAKE View 28

Well, hope you guys can help about the rest component

(Sorry for bad english)

GTX 1060 would be fine to match with that processor. You could go for a GTX 1070 too if you are running 1440P monitor. Or GTX 1080 if you run 4K. For 1080P gaming, 1060 is a great card, you really don't need more power.

2x8GB of ram should be enough for now. 2x16GB would be more future-proof, but Ram is expensive right now due to shortages, so you can save some money by going with 2x8 GB for now. YOu can always upgrade this later pretty easily.

SSD: 128GB is fine if you just run your OS on it. If you install a couple of games however, it will fill up quickly. Most modern big games are 40+ GB, so you probably want a 250GB SSD if you want to run the games off the SSD as well.

PSU: 400-500 Watt should be more than enough for powering a system with a single GPU and that CPU. Get a good quality Gold rated 450 Watt or something, and you should be good. If you want to run SLI or a GTX 1080Ti or something more powerful in the future, 500 Watt might be better.

Good luck!

1 minute ago, maartendc said:

GTX 1060 would be fine to match with that processor. You could go for a GTX 1070 too if you are running 1440P monitor. Or GTX 1080 if you run 4K. For 1080P gaming, 1060 is a great card, you really don't need more power.

2x8GB of ram should be enough for now. 2x16GB would be more future-proof, but Ram is expensive right now due to shortages, so you can save some money by going with 2x8 GB for now. YOu can always upgrade this later pretty easily.

SSD: 128GB is fine if you just run your OS on it. If you install a couple of games however, it will fill up quickly. Most modern big games are 40+ GB, so you probably want a 250GB SSD if you want to run the games off the SSD as well.

PSU: 400-500 Watt should be more than enough for powering a system with a single GPU and that CPU. Get a good quality Gold rated 450 Watt or something, and you should be good. If you want to run SLI or a GTX 1080Ti or something more powerful in the future, 500 Watt might be better.

Good luck!

Thanks man!

You could also go for m.2 250gb as it will most likely have a faster boot time and overall be faster than your ssd. But check specs before buying. I'd opt for a 1070 as I feel it will last longer, but if your going for 1060, then look at the 6gb, don't go for 3gb. 

PSU anything above 550 is prob a waste unless your going of SLI or overclocking as it has been stated before. Modular and Gold is nice, but you can skip modular for a cheaper one as it is just convenience tbh(and less heat etc). 

as for CPU cooler id look into NZXT - Kraken X62 seems to be the one most go for nowadays :D

Ram 16gb + but make sure your Mobo supports the ones you get, did the mistake of getting DD4 and my mobo only supports DD3. In short, don't do that. 

If your going to store a lot of series or non gaming stuff the red edition from WD has some nice 4TB hdds, if you want them for games and such Blue is better (7200RPM normally)

Also do you have or require wireless?

From 2001-2014 I had 156Kb/s Down and 0,02 Kb/s up. Now I have 35/35 Mb/s, it has truly changed my life. 

43 minutes ago, Gunnis said:

You could also go for m.2 250gb as it will most likely have a faster boot time and overall be faster than your ssd. But check specs before buying. I'd opt for a 1070 as I feel it will last longer, but if your going for 1060, then look at the 6gb, don't go for 3gb.

Ram 16gb + but make sure your Mobo supports the ones you get, did the mistake of getting DD4 and my mobo only supports DD3. In short, don't do that.

Well, it is true that M.2 drives CAN be faster. However, there is SATA M.2 and Pci-e M.2. SATA M.2 isnt faster as regular SATA. PCI-e M.2 is much faster.

That being said, M.2 drives are more expensive than regular SATA drives, and in everyday experience, you will never notice the difference. IMHO it is better to spend the extra money on more capacity vs higher speed.  I would just get the cheapest 250GB SSD you can find.

Depending on budget, 1070 is a great card, but overkill currently for 1080P. If you can afford a 1070, it will be a bit more future proof, but it is also significantly more expensive than a 1060.

His Mobo and CPU needs DDR4 ram. (unfortunately, because DDR3 is cheaper at the moment).

27 minutes ago, maartendc said:

Well, it is true that M.2 drives CAN be faster. However, there is SATA M.2 and Pci-e M.2. SATA M.2 isnt faster as regular SATA. PCI-e M.2 is much faster.

That being said, M.2 drives are more expensive than regular SATA drives, and in everyday experience, you will never notice the difference. IMHO it is better to spend the extra money on more capacity vs higher speed.  I would just get the cheapest 250GB SSD you can find.

Depending on budget, 1070 is a great card, but overkill currently for 1080P. If you can afford a 1070, it will be a bit more future proof, but it is also significantly more expensive than a 1060.

His Mobo and CPU needs DDR4 ram. (unfortunately, because DDR3 is cheaper at the moment).

That is one of the reasons i got 4970 instead of 5k series when i upped, dd3 works fine and is way cheaper :P

19 hours ago, Gunnis said:

PSU anything above 550 is prob a waste unless your going of SLI or overclocking as it has been stated before. Modular and Gold is nice, but you can skip modular for a cheaper one as it is just convenience tbh(and less heat etc). 

as for CPU cooler id look into NZXT - Kraken X62 seems to be the one most go for nowadays :D

If your going to store a lot of series or non gaming stuff the red edition from WD has some nice 4TB hdds, if you want them for games and such Blue is better (7200RPM normally)

Also do you have or require wireless?

M2 and NZXT Kraken too expensive ahaha

Im only use ssd for OS, rest file or games on HHD is that good?

Or maybe just 4gb vga enough or its really need 6gb? 

On 4/8/2017 at 11:26 PM, maartendc said:

Good luck!

Is it 4gb VGA enough or really need 6gb? And about thermaltake water 3.0 all in one is fit to my processor and motherboard?

On 8/6/2017 at 4:55 AM, Ade Safrillah said:

Is it 4gb VGA enough or really need 6gb? And about thermaltake water 3.0 all in one is fit to my processor and motherboard?

The GTX 1060 comes in 3 gb or 6gb versions, not 4Gb. The GTX 1060 6GB edition is also faster though, apart from having more memory, so I would recommend the 6GB version.

In general, 4GB is fine for now, but some games are already using the full 4GB right now, so more is always better. If you run out of Vram, you can always lower texture settings to stay under 4GB though.

In general, I would go for 6GB GTX 1060, or if you get an RX480, get the 8GB version. 1070 would have 8GB as well. GTX 980Ti has 6GB if you are going second hand.