Have you been getting those "international numbers" phone calls scam too?

VerticalDiscussions

Hey there all. I have been getting so many international phone calls and it is quite annoying to have to "unanswer" them all.

I have installed Truecaller on my phone and blocked all "unknown numbers" and "common spammers", yet for some reason these numbers dont seem to the apply to the general rule... i have a list of 4 blocked and i understand it could be way worse but still, i expect a familiar person call and i get these "money grabbing automated bots" or whatever it is.

Anyone else having this issue? I know Portugal was affected by the problem, as stated by Pplware, but it sure is annoying to not have a way to automatically block international unknown numbers :/... wish there was a fix for this.

How in the heck did they even get my number i dunno :P, im always quite conservative about what to share and whatnot but everything is so easily acessible these days -.-.

Groomlake Authority

I got 4 calls from the same number in the US, i have since blocked it. They got it from the Yahoo fiasco, because the number i got the call on is an old phone that i keep but don't use and i only had it linked to my Yahoo email, so the hackers old and someone bought it.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

I see weird number, I ignore. 

I've received a few, I just block them right away afterward. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

I am getting a bunch of calls from fucking Quebec, the US and 'unknown'

Whenever I answer them, it's static and then maybe you can hear a muffled person speaking in not English. Pretty weird, don't care. Happens once a week, maybe.

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

1 minute ago, themctipers said:

-snip-

But around here those things cost money... 1,72€ or 1,74€ if i am not mistaken just by answering them.... which doesnt make sense since you should only lose money if you call them back but ugh.

Groomlake Authority

1 minute ago, VerticalDiscussions said:

But around here those things cost money... 1,72€ or 1,74€ if i am not mistaken just by answering them.... which doesnt make sense since you should only lose money if you call them back but ugh.

I don't call them back, and where I am you only get charged for calls if you are placing them, not receiving them.

But, if I make a call in the GTA it's long distance to fucking Toronto. :( 

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Just now, themctipers said:

-snip-

Yeh maybe it should just work when you place them here too... but better not even try knowing what these fags can do with private information -.-

Wish i knew how they got the number tough...

Groomlake Authority

Just now, VerticalDiscussions said:

Yeh maybe it should just work when you place them here too... but better not even try knowing what these fags can do with private information -.-

Wish i knew how they got the number tough...

Well, this did start happening when I opened 2FA on Google.. Start a conspiracy theory! 

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Just now, themctipers said:

-snip-

Google selling private information to the highest bidder!

I remember when i saw this show of one guy accepting a challenge where a bunch of hackers were supposed to hack his life...

Allegedly (because TV = grains and grains of salt), the guy got his facebook account tracked and they posted very embarrassing information towards him, used his amazon account to put things at his doorstep, were able to use his phone camera and listen to its calls, get access to any ongoing transaction that he made and be able to redirect them if such gets accepted and they are seeing it and they even made him lose his apartment... he then quit the experiment because they had gone too far lol.

But yeah... nobody is safe :D. Old technology FTW xD.

Groomlake Authority

1 minute ago, VerticalDiscussions said:

Google selling private information to the highest bidder!

I remember when i saw this show of one guy accepting a challenge where a bunch of hackers were supposed to hack his life...

Allegedly (because TV = grains and grains of salt), the guy got his facebook account tracked and they posted very embarrassing information towards him, used his amazon account to put things at his doorstep, were able to use his phone camera and listen to its calls, get access to any ongoing transaction that he made and be able to redirect them if such gets accepted and they are seeing it and they even made him lose his apartment... he then quit the experiment because they had gone too far lol.

But yeah... nobody is safe :D. Old technology FTW xD.

Dial me up 

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

I've been getting them a lot recently as well. I've been using Hiya (it's out for both Android and iOS) to help identify spam calls and it's done a somewhat decent job. One or two still slip through, but it's nice to get the notification that it's a spam call, so I can just ignore it.