Can anybody recommend an electric scooter?

Okjoek

My work is about 3 miles from where I live. It's a 7 minute drive, but an hour long walk. I was wondering if there was a middle ground I could meet that's not a bicycle. I'm not really that good with bikes for some reason. I prefer to remain in a standing position when on two wheels. I don't want something that's going to break my bank either, but IDK where to start looking.

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

3 minutes ago, Zando Bob said:

One of those scooters with proper wheels? Let me find a pic, since that doesn't make much sense. 

Uh, I don't honestly know, are you talking about a moped? I've never shopped for a scooter before.

In my mind this is what I was thinking of:

e100_prod_rd-400x470.jpg

8 minutes ago, Okjoek said:

Uh, I don't honestly know, are you talking about a moped? I've never shopped for a scooter before.

Yeah. I was meaning bigger scooters, without a motor. A motor is just extra cost, weight if the battery dies, and complexity. See my edit. 

Main PC 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

15 minutes ago, Okjoek said:

I have one of these, the exact one. You can barely get any miles out of it.

When going up hill you can stop the battery thingy, and have to reset it. theres a reset button the side and its just annoying.

When i was younger i just rode this around my neighborhood to friend's houses.

I know my friend had one with a seat, and was much faster than mine, and had instant torque unlike the red one, where you have to get a running start. though lemme see if i can find it.

https://www.amazon.com/UBERSCOOT-48volt-Electric-Scooter-transport/dp/B00WNM1JPS/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&qid=1497896469&sr=8-1&keywords=uberscoot&linkCode=sl1&tag=allbikingstuff-20&linkId=181a7abd8b853f007b352f14d4c233ef

http://www.superscootersales.com/product/super-lithium-1500-brushless-electric-scooter/

this guy i think custom makes them, with good quality, if you're talking about like rocket scooters, this thing is fast as hell.

1 minute ago, Zando Bob said:

Yeah. I was meaning bigger scooters, without a motor. A motor is just extra cost, weight if the battery dies, and complexity. See my edit. 

I was considering the motor because I tried the 3 mile walk and it took me an hour and left me a sweaty mess on a mild day. Is there any reason I would want a scooter with those bike-sized wheels? 

Maybe motor-less could work, but IDK how much faster that would be than walking. Either way I would still appreciate the hand-brake.

2 minutes ago, Okjoek said:

I was considering the motor because I tried the 3 mile walk and it took me an hour and left me a sweaty mess on a mild day. Is there any reason I would want a scooter with those bike-sized wheels? 

Maybe motor-less could work, but IDK how much faster that would be than walking. Either way I would still appreciate the hand-brake.

It'll roll much faster and easier, and give a smoother ride. We had an off-road one with 8-10" wheels and knobby tires when I was a kid, and to was great. Way more capable than a normal scooter, less prone to crashing when it can't roll over a 1/2" stick, etc. And the motionless ones have everything a bike has except the seating position and pedals/gears. Though an electric one would be faster (possibly, though most are limited) and easier. 

Main PC 

49 minutes ago, Zando Bob said:

It'll roll much faster and easier, and give a smoother ride. We had an off-road one with 8-10" wheels and knobby tires when I was a kid, and to was great. Way more capable than a normal scooter, less prone to crashing when it can't roll over a 1/2" stick, etc. And the motionless ones have everything a bike has except the seating position and pedals/gears. Though an electric one would be faster (possibly, though most are limited) and easier. 

So like maybe one of these?

https://www.amazon.com/Schwinn-Adult-Shuffle-Scooter-Wheels/dp/B0183T0IRE/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1501705291&sr=8-2&keywords=kick+bike+scooter

2 minutes ago, Okjoek said:

Yeah, but that front wheel is massive. 

Main PC 

1 hour ago, Zando Bob said:

Yeah, but that front wheel is massive. 

I think I'll have to go to an actual shop for this one. There's a lot of crap I can just buy online, but a mode of transportation just isn't one of them I feel. Thanks for the recommendations though.