PC killing GPUs..?

SamwiseDB

tl;dr: my PC killed my GPU 3 months ago, and I bought a new. It worked. My new GPU just died too, however, and I'm stumped as to what's causing it.

I bought this PC about a year and a half ago, originally with a quite cheap PSU, and an AMD R7 370. But about 3-4 months ago, the 370 died on me. After some reading, I decided it was a good idea to replace the PSU for (what I think) is a much higher quality corsair model. I bought a 1060, and everything worked fine. However, a couple of days ago, the 1060 died too, leading me to believe it wasn't the cheap power supply in the first place...

I'd rather not buy even a cheap new GPU, in case it kills it again. Any ideas as to what the issue could be?

Specs:

AMD Athlon 860K

Gigabyte A88X mobo of some description

8GB RAM (DDR3)

(until recently) GTX 1060

Corsair AIO water cooler

Corsair CX500

thanks in advance.

The worst gamer, in the world

Still haven't got past the first world of Super Mario Galaxy 2

Seems like the mobo could be frying your components.. Take your PC to a PC shop and they can test it with a different mobo. If that is the case, just get another one and everything should be fine. 

I concur with Telebubbies. From what I have researched it looks like the MOBO you got is straight up a POS. I see a few people praising its on board graphics and audio quality but, most seem to have trouble with the MOBO frying itself or other various components. Best of luck with the problem and keep us posted on what the problem is if you take it to a shop!

Damn, have you been able to recoup those losses?

i5 6600k and GTX 1070 but I play 1600-900. 1440p BABY!

Still, don't put too much faith in my buying decisions. xD 

8 minutes ago, SamwiseDB said:

tl;dr: my PC killed my GPU 3 months ago, and I bought a new. It worked. My new GPU just died too, however, and I'm stumped as to what's causing it.

I bought this PC about a year and a half ago, originally with a quite cheap PSU, and an AMD R7 370. But about 3-4 months ago, the 370 died on me. After some reading, I decided it was a good idea to replace the PSU for (what I think) is a much higher quality corsair model. I bought a 1060, and everything worked fine. However, a couple of days ago, the 1060 died too, leading me to believe it wasn't the cheap power supply in the first place...

I'd rather not buy even a cheap new GPU, in case it kills it again. Any ideas as to what the issue could be?

Two incidents is not a trend.  GPUs die, it happens, for some people they are unlucky and they die earlier into their service life then they'd like to and some people will be additionally unlucky and the second one will die early.  It happens.  Someone has to draw the short straw.  It's most likely that you just got the short straw.

Think about it this way; if you flip a coin and it's heads, there was a 50% chance of that happening.  Flip it again and it's still a 50% chance of it being heads.  Again?  Still just 50% chance it'll be heads for the third time.  And so on and so on.  Your odds of something happening are the same each time you do it over again.

There's nothing here to suggest any there's anything wrong, you're just at the far end of the bell curve.

8 minutes ago, Telebubbies said:

Seems like the mobo could be frying your components.. Take your PC to a PC shop and they can test it with a different mobo. If that is the case, just get another one and everything should be fine. 

mobo producer should replace his gpus when thats the culprit. I mean he suffered from a loss of over 400$ with the gpus thayt died due to a faulty mobo, so the company has to give him some sort of replacement

1 minute ago, Tiwaz said:

mobo producer should replace his gpus when thats the culprit. I mean he suffered from a loss of over 400$ with the gpus thayt died due to a faulty mobo, so the company has to give him some sort of replacement

Do they actually cover that though?

i5 6600k and GTX 1070 but I play 1600-900. 1440p BABY!

Still, don't put too much faith in my buying decisions. xD 

Thanks for the help, and I have no idea about gigabyte recovering losses, it might well be a legacy board now. 

Found board model:

GA-F2A88XM-D3H

I'll try and find a PC shop to go and diagnose it, I can't think of any off the top of my head. From the UK, so the only one I can think of is PC World, but I highly doubt they'll be able to help.

The worst gamer, in the world

Still haven't got past the first world of Super Mario Galaxy 2